e i g h t

| " F I G H T

| " F I G H T . " |

___♔___

I let out a long yawn, and sit up. I furrow my eyebrows when I look around me. I'm in my room, on my bed. How did I get here? The last thing I remember, I was with Seth . . .

Seth. He probably brought me here.

I look over to my clock, and see it's nine o'clock in the morning. I guess I slept the rest of the day yesterday. Training doesn't start for another three hours, and no one else is up. I slip on some comfortable clothes, and head to the training center quickly.

After I throw my hair into a messy bun, I walk into the training center to see a few tributes.

But I know them. The careers. Laila, Raley, Jonah, and Triton.

They're laughing, and talking about the other tributes. I hide behind the door, but listen closely to what they say from the distance.

"So who's on your kill list?" Raley asks Jonah.

"Definitely Chris and Deedee. Probably Lance and Tristan, too." He replies, taking off his jacket to throw a sword into the head of a dummy. "What about you, Raley. Anyone you want to kill?"

"Leane. I want to be the one to slaughter that bitch. Maria, Seth, Grace and Lily are some that are pretty tempting. But I might not kill Seth," Raley says hesitantly.

"Why not? Do you have a crush on him?" Triton tilts his head, wiggling his eyebrows. She giggles, and shakes her head. It takes a lot for me to not scoff.

"No. It's obvious that he likes Lana. I actually think she likes him too. Lana and I are getting close, so I wouldn't do that to her. I'll spare Seth, but only because of her." She states.

Triton's expression grows annoyed, but I shrug it off in deep thought.

Do I really like Seth? Does he like me?

"Who's on your kill list, Laila?" Raley asks, changing the subject when she sees the frustrated expression on Triton's face.

"Trent, and Creve. Those for sure," She answers. "What about you, Triton?"

Triton smirks. "Seth and Bane."

This makes me furious. He has no right to take down Seth and Bane!

Well, he does. But I don't want him to. They are my allies, and so is Triton.

Well, he was. But not anymore. I step out of the corner, their eyes growing wide when they notice my presence. I take my place in front of Triton, seething as all of the careers stop what they're doing.

"It's nice to know that you care about my feelings. So you're just killing any guy who has even a slight crush on me? Well, I don't play that way. I'm done with our alliance. And don't even think about going after Seth and Bane. You'll kill them over my dead body." I snap.