e l e v e n

| " T R A P S

| " T R A P S . " |

___♔___

After everyone has impressed the game makers with their talents- well not everyone impressed them, but anyway- I find myself on the couch with Bane, along with our mentors and escort. All eyes are on the television projection as Ceasar Flickerman begins talking.

"So, it looks like we have some fighters this year, huh folks?" Ceasar asks, and the crowd in front of him cheers. I roll my eyes at their stupidity, and for his ridiculous enthusiasm.

"Well, let's get started with the training scores, shall we? But this year, we are going to choose the District scores that go first, randomly." He announces. The first name he pulls out is-

"Deedee Slone from District eight," Ceasar announces. "With a score of . . . six."

She's not a threat at all.

"Leane Collins from District seven."

Oh boy, here we go.

"With a score of . . . nine."

"You need to watch out for her, that's a pretty high score." Paul states, ignoring the next score which happens to be Chris Naila's from District eight. "Stay away from her and her band of misfits. They're all trouble."

"You don't have to tell me twice." Bane mutters.

"Triton Hall from District one, with a score of ten." Ceasar speaks up.

"Stick with him." Krystal says, referring to Triton.

"As if." I say smartly with a scoff. She sighs, and turns her attention back to the television.

"Laila Fall from District five. She scored an eight."

Good job Laila.

"Grace Fanon from District four. With a score of eight. Nason Blake from District five, he has a five."

"Seth Torroe from District four. With a score of ten." Nice.

"Maria Lloyd from District nine. She scored a six. Tristan Perry from District ten, with a score of nine." Gotta watch out for him.

"Nina Bridge from District three. Wow . . . she scored a two."

Great job, Nina Bridge. I'm just kidding.

"Lance Brewer from District nine. With a score of eight."

"Bane Haze from District two." Ceasar starts. I grip Bane's hand, leaning towards the screen in anticipation. "With a score of eleven."

"Yes!" I screech, jumping into his arms. He chuckles, and a braces me tightly.

"Okay, calm down you two. We can celebrate after the rest of the scores." Krystal says. We nod, and sit back down.