e i g h t e e n

| " H A P P Y

| " H A P P Y . " |

___♔___

I wake up the next day to a shuffle in the cornucopia. I immediately shoot up, and grab a knife, throwing it at the person that had dared to enter our base.

"Woah, woah, woah! What the hell, Lana?" Grace questions with wide eyes, staring at the knife lodged into the wall beside of her, before looking back over to me.

"Sorry," I mumble. "I thought you were a tribute."

"Well, I technically am a tribute." She puts her hand on her chin, and looks at the ceiling with a concentrating face.

"Yeah, but I thought you were a tribute that is a threat. I mean- you are a threat, but you're our ally," I ramble, grabbing an apple from our stack of supplies.

"I'll be back, I'm going to wake up the others," She smiles, nodding in the direction of outside the cornucopia.

"Wait, why are they out there?" I ask.

"They all decided to keep watch last night while I stayed in here with you. There were movements from the woods so they thought the best way to protect you was to stay out there."

"I understand . . . but, seriously. All of them? Why would all of them just go out there?" I question, arching an eyebrow.

"I don't know. Now that I think about it, that is suspicious. Maybe they wanted a game plan . . . " She trails off.

"But why would they do it while we're asleep?"

"I have no clue. I'll ask Raley about it later," She shrugs it off, stepping outside without another word.

I sigh, rubbing my forehead. I really want to go home right now. But it's not possible. There are too many tributes at the moment.

"C'mon Lana, we're going tribute hunting," Grace says, reappearing and pulling me up from the ground.

"Okay. Is everyone going?"

"Yes. No one wants to risk you getting lost or slaughtered." I roll my eyes, picking up all of my knives, and putting some in my belt.

"How long do you think we'll be gone?"

"The rest of the day, probably. But hopefully, we'll be back before sunset," She replies, leading me to the other careers.

"Sleep well?" Bane asks once I'm in sight, grabbing a spear.

"It wasn't the best sleep I've had. But it was decent," I shrug.

The group of careers all pile around, walking in the same direction quietly while trying to hear any sounds that could come from other tributes. Much to my relief, we don't find anyone during the first hour.