e p i l o g u e

| " E P I L O G U E

| " E P I L O G U E . " |

___♔___

Winning the Hunger Games used to seem like the best thing anyone could ever manage. It's what everyone wants- to be famous in the Capitol, to be rich, to have your own house in Victor's Village. But it's really . . . not.

After returning home to see my parents, brothers, cousins, and other family members, I had nightmares every single night. I wake up screaming, waking everyone up in the neighborhood.

Paul and I grew closer after I won, and he understands me. It feels good to spend time with Leo, Krystal, and Paul, because they know how I feel. Paul is considering moving into my house because of the amount of times he has to calm me down at night from the nightmares.

He somehow helps me through the night by sleeping next to me.

I can't say that there's anything going on between the two of us, romantically, because I'm too young for that. Paul's twenty three, and I'm fifteen, so I don't think it would really work out anyway.

My family has been so happy ever since I came home, safe and sound. But I'm not sure if I'm happy about that. The pain and memories haunt me constantly, so I wouldn't really call this winning.

I try to hide my depression, but deep down, all of the other Victors can tell.

I miss Bane.

Damn, I miss him so much.

I visit his family every week, and stay for dinner with them. Bane's brother, Raine, reminds me of him. When I look into his eyes, I feel like crying.

I'm broken.

In the end, I know that winning is always losing.

But I still have the feeling that I haven't won this game yet. You never win the Hunger Games. You only survive.

And I know now that if I could go back, and redo everything through the games- I'd damn sure lose.

Because this life of winning sure as hell isn't a life at all.

The End.

_______