s e v e n t e e n

| " F A U L T

| " F A U L T . " |

___♔___

"Help!" I plead loudly, struggling as I try to get free from the ropes that hold me.

"Lana, shhhh!" Jonah whispers, holding his hand up to cover my mouth. "You have to be quiet, or someone will hear us."

"Please, just get me down before someone finds us," I beg, moving his hand from my lips.

"Okay, just stay quiet." He pulls out a knife, climbing up the tree quickly, but quietly. After he supports himself on a branch by my ankles and begins to cut the rope that dangles me in the air.

After around two minutes of hanging upside down, I begin to feel dizzy, my head spinning as my vision blurrs. I rub my forehead with a groan, looking up to Jonah.

"J-jonah, you need to hurry." I manage, a migraine eventually growing.

"I'm trying. This rope- it's not cutting easily." He sighs, still cutting away at the rope.

A cannon sounds, not too far away from where we are. A wave of panic rushing through me, urging me to jolt around to try and break free.

"Jonah, hurry! People are coming!" I rush in a whisper.

"Give me a minute, will you?"

Laughing and voices get close to us, and I twitch at the thought that Jonah and I might die if he can't cut me down quick enough. I'm defenseless and vulnerable at this point.

At the last moment, the rope snaps, and I fall to the ground, landing flat on my back. The wind is knocked out of me, and I gasp for breath as I roll over on my stomach. I cough, ignoring the pains in my back as I push myself up from the ground and into a standing position. I snatch my knife from the ground as the footsteps now unwind in front of me.

"Hey, look- it's Lana!"

In the group is the boy from District six, a girl that I can't put my finger on, and the girl from District thirteen, who's name I think is Crestia.

"Isn't the princess of the Capitol a little far from her allies?" Arkon asks, twirling his machete in his hand.

"Nope. I'm right here," Jonah states, jumping to the ground next to me flawlessly.

Well, he basically just killed himself. I mean, seriously- we're outnumbered.

"Lets give the Capitol a run for their money, shall we?" Crestia questions, pulling out her spear with an evil glint in her eyes. With a battle cry, she comes at me with the other girl in tow, the boy deciding to test himself against Jonah.

I stab my knife into Crestia's shoulder, yanking it out as quick as I can. She cries out, but contains herself, running at me again. I knock the other girl off of her feet, and swiftly stab her leg.