Chapter 5 - Mr. Rude and sassy

I'm back with new update! Excited? Hope so :) Don't forget and drop me some feelings you got while reading down into comments...and also vote! Thanks guys! <3

PS: Sorry for possible grammatical mistakes!

PSS: I'll be glad for critique too :) Improving is important!

I really need to work on my landings. Teleporting myself right into a huge tree isn't the most comfortable way to end a trip. Or to start one. But that's just my luck. Yeah, really smooth Percy. Way to go. If Annabeth saw this she would have laughed her arse off. Then she would have had an inappropriate remarks. And - no, no. Stop. Stop right here. I really shouldn't be thinking about her. Leo would definitely do something similar right? He would have joked and laughed. Probably cried in laughter. Except he's dead. Ugh. Bad choice Percy. Really bad choice. Just think about Nico instead...or maybe not. Jason is a better choice. Yeah, I'll think of the blond Superman. Or at least I try to. Quite desperately. Oh my goodness! How come I can't even control my own thoughts?! So frustrating.

With one of my abnormally long sighs I force myself to pay attention to my surroundings again. Just then I notice I already reached the gate. Gateway into the capital of the planet Izo. Here's suppose to be the mansion of royal family and also the famous royal library. With the entire history of Firo nation.

The city is surrounded by enormous white walls making it absolutely impregnable. The gate alone is quite big too. Made from ebony with metal hammered into it - looking similar to gold. On each side is standing patrol tower with guards in full armour. I can also see few of them standing near the entrance, scanning the crowd. Probably looking for possible troublemakers. And I'm not denying I don't look like one. And one quite dangerous. My entire being is clothed in black color and leather. I'm wearing pretty tight but flexible pants - but I still don't know how I managed put them on. I don't wear any shoes. Why? I get used to being without them while I was training with Chaos. A have to say it's better. You don't have to be scared of tripping and falling down. My chest is also bare, leaving an exposed tanned skin or more likely only glimpses of it because of the cloak I have buckled around my neck, clipped by brooch. I need to be half naked if I want to use my wings as freely without the need to strip first. Unfortunately Chaos didn't have any magical material to prevent my tops from tearing apart when I stretch out my wings. It's a pity though. That would be awesome. Instead I only have the cloak so my tattooed back won't be exposed. But that's not the only thing I'm hiding. I wear also a black mask. It's not hiding my whole face just half of it - a little similar to the mask of the spanish guy named Zorro. How was the movie called? The Mask of Zorro maybe? I'm not totally sure.

The last and the only one that I kept from my past is a necklace with beads. Each of them representing one year in CHB. Seven in total. For seven long years surviving. I really don't know why I still have it. Why I didn't get rid off it. But I just couldn't get myself to do it. Yeah, it brings back painful memories - especially those about her - but I can't cry over them forever. I have to accept it. And not all of them are bad. Some of them can be called happy. Or at least bittersweet. Like those about Leo. Or Luke. They shouldn't be forgotten. And they will always remind me about my mistakes. Coz it was my fault they're gone. I was too slow, too dense, too weak which I can't let happen again. I need to get stronger. This is not enough. I have to be the strongest to save all of my friends or those who I'll call family.

And with that determination I start to move through the crowd. I can almost feel the guards watching me. But they don't try to stop me which I'm really grateful for.

I look around myself, studying Firos around me. Their features are really similar to humans'. And even more similar to me. But not completely. Theirs is skin doesn't have the same color. Their's in various shades of grey whilst mine is brown. There's no mistaking I'm a hybrid. My eyes are probably uncommon too. I can see only red, yellow, purple and orange not brown, blue or green. I can tell that's because of my human side but there's one thing I don't understand. I thought that Chaos said they have pointed ears. And I don't see many. They have slightly outlined spike but my ears are far more pointed - more elven - than theirs'. Why? I don't know. I just add it to my fictive list of what to do and what I need to find out.