Chapter 9 - I, ruler of seas

It's time for a badass and angry Percy! Time for memories and a revenge! But also some time for friendship! What exactly does that mean? Well, just read and find out!

>> I wondered how Poseidon's trident would probably look like. I like this version. What do you say? :) - It's the version after its shift which you'll see in the story :D

PS: Sorry for possible grammatical mistakes.

This chapter Percy will be mostly like - Fuck the world!

Enjoy next part! ^^

Being back on Earth is really uncomfortable. It feels painful because everything is too familiar. And it's harder to breathe here. It almost seems like the air is poisoned by the sins of gods and my past friends. Of what they did to me. But surprisingly the pain doesn't make me sad. It doesn't make me want to cry. No. There's no sadness inside me anymore. No regret or self pity. And the reason is simple. They don't deserve any of it. My tears, my sobs or my pain. Their betrayal makes them unworthy of it all.

True, seeing New York city brings out memories of them. Memories that still hurt but it's also helping my anger rise. It's making me furious. I don't think I've ever been so angry in my life before. So hungry for revenge. Hungry for seeing fear and pain in other's eyes. Especially in his eyes. That's why I'm here after all. Which is not what would the old me do. My broken me was too weak. My human me of course. He would've still loved them all. Even if they broke him. Broke me. The old me would have drown in pain. He was too loyal and weak. Now I don't trust many. I don't trust that easily anymore. I'm not a Seaweed brain anymore. I'm wiser now and my eyes are open and able to see how the world really looks like. And I finally know how to walk in the reality. That's why my new me seeks revenge. Wants blood.

No. Not blood. I'm not a monster. Not a killer like them. I'm a soldier from genus Mae. The last one. A Survivor. I'm a man who's heart was broken by those he loved. And now has a dept to repay. I owe them a slap. And a big one. Something they will remember forever. To regret what they've done to me. One by one. Or at least those who hurt me the most. Annabeth will eventually pay too. Blonde Annabitch. It sounds really good. I wonder what kind of face she would pull if I called her like this. I have to try sometime.

My lips curl into wicked smile and I let out low chuckle. Few people glance at me with fear. That's not surprising at all. Even if they can't see my pointed ears my mask is more than real to them. Anouk is really talented I have to admit. That thing looks stunning. And it still has the magical glow which makes me look even more mysterious and devilish. It's not shaped like Zorro's anymore now it's more like masquerade mask. So my hair are free and manipulated by wind. It feels great.

I sigh, turn around the corner and slow down a little. I can already see my past home. Place where I last saw my mom and Paul. My heart starts to beat a little faster at the sight. So painfully familiar. I can't help myself and hesitate a little by the entrance. I came here to gather some things. To take something with me. But now when I'm actually standing here it seems harder to grab the doorknob than I imagined it. But eventually I do. Surprisingly it's not locked. So I open the door wide and just stand there for a moment. I'm gazing into the house where I grew up with my mind now full of memories. Memories of my mom and her warm smile. The taste of her cookies. Her loving and caring voice. Bright eyes.