Cinema and Cigarette Kisses

Sitting in the large room with two tables, looking at the same people as before. One chair to my left empty. I really don't want them to bring Harry in, but it looks like we'll be doing this the same as before.

Sure enough, the door bursts open and he comes in. At first I don't recognise him. A sliver of pity runs down my spine at his unruly appearance. The bags under his eyes. His tshirt is on back to front.

He rushes to sit next to me.

"Louis, I-," He says, and I stop him.

"Don't, Harry. Lets hear what they have to say." I don't even take time to look at him, but I can feel his presence, and feel his eyes on me. A cough takes my, and his attention.

"Right." The man before me looks angry. "We made this contract in attempt to stop this, Mr. Styles." He looks at Harry. "So why is it I am looking at pictures of you and this girl last night?" He shouts, and Harry jumps.

"I'm sorry, I-," He begins, and the man slams his fist on the table.

"I don't care what happened, Mr. Styles. All I know is it's never happening again!" He looks at me. "I know this is hard, but we have an agreement. One which I assumed that you would both uphold."

I blanch.

"This isn't my fault!" I shout back.

"Look, we know," The white haired lady pops in. "Which is why were renegotiating the contract."

"Clearly, Mr. Styles needs more direction with how to date, so we are taking over the relationship fully." The man sneers. I panic.

No. I thought this was over.

"No." I rush in, and Harry's eyes dart to me in my peripheral. "He breached the contract."

"We expected this." The woman states, shrugging. "It's in the contract you signed." I deflate and sink into the chair.

"Now you will listen." The man points a finger at us. "When we give you a date, you both go. It will look real. When we say you kiss, you kiss. When we say you hug, you hug. If I don't believe it, believe me, you will be told to make it look real." He spits.

"Leave us. We'll be in touch." The lady ushers us off.

I'm aware I'm walking, but there is no sound. Like before you faint. I have tunnel vision the whole way to the lift, and I get in.

Turning around, Harry is there. There are so many emotions in his eyes, and it stops me in my tracks.

"Louis. I'm so sorry. Of what I did." He pleads.

"No." I say. "I'm sorry." He looks confused.

"About what?"

"What do you mean? When we kissed, you left. I felt so bad." I remember the panic. He steps forward.

"I know, and I was thinking about it and-"

"Me, too, Harry. And I was thinking. Shall we shake on being friends?" I say, and he takes a step back in thought. "So you'll know I'll never take it that far again?"

"We're already friends." He sounds sad.

"Lets make it official?" I offer my hand, and a small smile. He looks at for a while before grabbing it in his large hand.

"Truce." He sighs.

~~~~~

A week later, management have text me.

Today. 1930hrs. Cinema with Mr. Styles.
Mr. Styles will pick you up at 1900hrs.
Lou will see to you at 1800hrs.

I laugh. It feels like being in the army. Also, why did I need an hour to get ready? Harry would probably walk out of his apartment in a top and jeans. He didn't get the Lou treatment unless he was going on stage or the red carpet.