Three

"it's kind of weird. I met you an hour ago and we've already embraced. I've already cried in front of you, broke down."

minhee and taehyung walked side by side through the park full of colourful cherry blossom trees with the moon shining brightly whilst twinkling stars were dotted randomly across the dark, midnight blue sky. she had calmed down now, after hours of talking to her newly found friend, kim taehyung. her first friend within two years.

"you also stepped on my cigarette. I'll let you off, just this once."

"I know it's hard to stop..but if we're going to help each other, please try to. I am not losing another friend."

her voice cracked at the end, as she averted eye contact to the ground. taehyung crouched in front of the short girl and held her hands in both of his.

"it's been an hour but please trust me. I want to die but then again I don't. please help me. I'll try."

for the first time in years, she looked directly into his eyes and smiled. a sincere, actual smile.

"of course I'll help you, chingu."

-

"you have my phone number, right?" taehyung asked yet again, concerned about leaving his new friend alone.

"yes, I do, see?" waving her phone in front of his eyes, causing him to blink due to the brightness.

"okay okay. stay safe. text me if you can't sleep. we'll meet again soon, okay chae minhee?" with that, he patted her head and waved. strolling down the pavement as if it wasn't two in the morning.

smiling to herself, again, minhee entered the house silently, being careful to not wake her parents up. once locked away in her room, she took her phone out and debated on texting taehyung.

minhee: night night ^^ thank you for earlier.

almost immediately did she receive a response.

taetae: it's nothing. sleep well. ~

for the first time since she changed, chae minhee slept peacefully, with no nightmares forcing her awake.

-