Five

while taehyung was inhaling and exhaling smoke, minhee sat there in the dark motionless.

she had woken up at six o'clock too.

watching the snow while memories played on repeat in her head like an old movies, lacking sound. just blurred images of her being happy, playing in the snow when she was younger.

"as if one person I met five hours ago can change everything and drag me out of this dark pit of sadness I happened to fall in years ago."

her tone was monotonous and dull. her eyes were bloodshot and blank. her mouth was tugged down into a frown.

she just sat there, staring.

contemplating on what she has turned out to be. the mess she has become.

hair sticking out in all directions, too weak to cry. too tired to do anything but stare at the snow, wanting to go back in time.

she was disappointed that she thought about dying every single day.

she felt like killing herself, but would rather hurt herself instead.

grabbing the blades she hid secretly, she let the cool but rough metal slide over her skin. In all places. thighs, wrists, even her stomach.

blood was all she saw. crimson liquid smeared across her hands and the blades.

she laughed.

"I'm insane."

it was deep. yet she did not feel faint.

so she carried on doing it, until she finally felt her eyes rolling to the back of her head.

I'm not dead. I'll wake up soon.

sorry taehyung, my friend of five hours.

I also broke my promise.

isn't it obvious you were lying when you said you would try to stop?

it was conspicuous in your eyes.

with that last thought, she fell unconscious.

and so did taehyung, in his room full of smoke.

-