Seven

"taehyung?"

she was at loss of words. yes, she did break her promise; but promises are meant to be broken, you can never be entirely sure if the other is lying to your face yet adding a sweet smile in to make you believe otherwise.
like minhee did.

"no. no please, tae are you asleep?"

it was conspicuous he wasn't, however she wanted, no she prayed that it was the case. but the smoke, the smoke causing her to cough - it let off a burning miasma, honestly how can he do this to himself, brought her back to reality. 

she rushed forward to him, ignoring the sickening stench mixing with oxygen, almost tripping over the coffee table to reach him.

"tae, tae you'll wake up soon right?"

she didn't want to hurt him, nor shake him in case it made everything worse, so she just stood there, clutching him in her arms. someone of a little over five hours had already made an impact on her. small, yet large enough to make her realise he matters to her, dearly in fact, otherwise why would she be tearing up?

"taehyung. taehyung please."

it was perhaps an idiotic idea, the water. filling a small glass of cold water and chucking it over him carelessly. she was desperate, and it seemed better than shaking him awake. or calling an ambulance. pity. he'd receive pity. and a lecture. for smoking too much since it can lead to lung cancer and in some cases death. but they don't know he wants that to happen.

that's why she refrained from involving others.

he began coughing loudly, it was as if he couldn't breathe. in all honestly, he probably couldn't. minhee lent forward to pat his back, encouraging the alluringly attractive man to catch his breath.

"deep breath in, a long one out. inhale, exhale. tae, breathe."

his eyes fluttered open in shock; why was she hear?
he was too weak to complain, too cold from the water to protest, so he just stayed in her arms, staring up at her.

she found it adorable. she found him adorable. 

-