Four

"you don't need water to feel like you're drowning."

just as the last breath was about to leave taehyung's body, he woke up with a start, drenched in sweat.

why am I so afraid of dying, when I want to anyway?

shaking his head, he got out of bed to find himself collapsing back into it again when an intense wave of dizziness hit him.

"I think I smoke too much."

even his deep voice was raspy and burning his throat.

sighing, he got up slowly.

the first thing he did every morning was look outside at the sky, the only feature of the earth that he currently admired. and what he saw surprised him.

snow eddied and tumbled as the point of equinox passes, and the sky started all but imperceptibly turning from its nocturnal blackish brown to lucid velvety grey of the first morning. it was only six o'clock.

and he was already craving death and cigarettes.

even though he told minhee five hours ago that he'd try to stop, his attempt drastically failed when he sat there staring at the flickering flame on his lighter, reacting with the stick of lung cancer and potentially death.

"no one needs me anyway."

sighing, he finally lit the cigarette and carried out the process of slowly burning up his lungs and depriving his broken body of the oxygen he truly deserved.

-

changing it to a lower case letter style fanfic.