1. Protecting her from the creep

"Earth to Crystal! Hello?!" Bridget's voice brought me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see my best friend's curly brown hair and green eyes shine at me. She was waving a hand in front of my face to get my attention.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I asked and then returned to my lunch. We were eating in the Rockford University campus cafeteria like we did everyday. We didn't have any classes with each other so we all ate lunch together to catch up.

"I was saying that you need to come with me to the MMA match this Saturday. Bailey, over here, says she has a date so she can't go and I have two tickets! Please?!" She begged. Ignoring Bridget's pleading, I looked over at Bailey, her red hair was hiding her face as she avoided my gaze.

"Bailey, you have a date?" I asked in an irritated tone. She finally made eye contact with her golden brown eyes. I gave her a disapproving look as she squirmed. Ever since I was little, I had to be somewhat of a mother to my sister, Nikki. I guess that motherly instinct never really went away even though Nikki was off on her own now at a different college.

"Just because you hate men, doesn't mean we have to." Bridget said as I kept staring at Bailey.

Yeah, but you don't know why. It's all because of HIM. He destroyed my trust for men and no one will ever be able to change that. You would never trust men either if you did know, Bridge.

"You're just going to get hurt." I told Bailey and then turned back to Bridget. "And yeah, I guess I can go with you." I said and then returned to my lunch.

"Good! Oh, and tomorrow night we should go to the club! I heard there's an awesome DJ playing and it would be fun to have a girls' night. We haven't had one in a while." Bridget explained as I took a bite of my pizza. Tomorrow was Friday and I knew I didn't have to work at the restaurant so I didn't see why I couldn't go. Not to mention, I really needed a night of drinking. I had been overwhelmed with school and work lately and one night of relaxation was exactly what I needed.

"Sure, sounds good." I said as Bailey nodded that she would go. I looked back over at the red head, feeling protective again.

"You know, as much as I don't approve of you going on a date, I will be here for you when he breaks your heart." I informed her. She furrowed her eyebrows in a weird look.

"Jeez, Crystal, just chill. She will be fine." Bridget said, bringing my attention back to her. Bailey was quiet and shy, she hardly ever talked.

So how did she get a date anyways?

"I'm just looking out for her." I said and took another bite of my pizza. I knew how men really were; they used you and then dumped you to the curb when they were done.

"I know but sometimes you can be more harsh than you mean to be." She scolded and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, well, I have to go. My sociology class is in half an hour and I still have to go run back to the dorm and grab my books." I explained and then took my plate and walked off.

Friday night I started getting ready to go to the club. I just finished curling my long blonde hair and putting my make up on. I liked dressing up, not to impress guys but for myself. It made me feel confident and bold, like I was putting my best self forward. I looked into the full length mirror on the back of the bathroom door. My royal blue dress clung to my body and brought out my eyes that matched the dress. My black high heels made my legs look longer, which I needed considering my 5'2" height.

"You ready to go, sexy lady?!" Bridget barged into the bathroom, yelling at me. Her red dress looked amazing on her with red heels to match. I gave her a big smile.