12. Protecting her from his motorcycle

It was Wednesday and I had just gotten out of my only class for the day. Declan and I decided to have our date tonight and my nerves had been getting worse and worse as the day had gone on. I walked to my dorm room and stared at my closet. Isabel was in class so I had the room all to myself to get ready.

What do I wear? I didn't want to dress up too much but I didn't know where Declan was taking me. What if he took me to a fancy restaurant and I looked like a hick? Oh my god, I think I'm going to have a panic attack.

I needed someone to tell me what to wear because I had no freaking clue where to even start. I took out my phone and called Bridget.

"Hey, sweet cheeks, what's up?" She answered.

"I need you. My room. Now." I said simply and hung up, knowing it would only take her five minutes to get here. I waited, staring at my closet like the perfect outfit was going to jump out at me. I closed my eyes and sighed. I shouldn't have agreed to go on a date with him. I'm so stupid. I've never even been friends with a guy before and now I was going to go on a date with one? I can't believe I'm doing this. I put my hand up to my chest as I willed my heart to stop beating so hard. Suddenly, the door swung open, revealing a frazzled Bridget. She looked me over with worried eyes.

"What's wrong?! Did someone die?!" She screamed, while slamming the door shut. I rolled my eyes at her dramatic entrance.

"No, I have a date." I replied. Her eyes grew wider, if that was even possible.

"Oh my god! My baby is growing up!" She cried, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Can't. Breathe." I squeezed out through her suffocation. She immediately let me go and grabbed my shoulders, staring into my eyes.

"You finally said yes to Declan?" She asked. I nodded, glancing at the closet. Damn clothes, maybe I would just wear some yoga pants and a baggy shirt and give up on life.

"So what do you need me for?" She asked, tilting her head slightly.

"What the hell do I wear?" I asked, exhausted already. She giggled and then turned to look at my closet.

"You've always looked good in blue. It brings out your gorgeous eyes." She commented as she pulled all of the blue out of my closet and laid them on my bed. I watched her as she picked up each item, one by one, holding them up to me.

"Nope, too casual, too hipster, too formal, oh hell no, why do you even have this?" She asked when she got to a frayed blue hippy shirt I had from middle school. I blushed thinking of the day I wore it to school on 80's day.

"It was for spirit week." I mumbled. She giggled at me and the threw it to the side. Then she picked up a light blue summer dress. I had only worn it a couple times since I didn't really like dresses too much.

"This would be cute but it's chilly out since its almost November. Hmmm..." She trailed off as she spun around to look at my closet again. She dug around until she pulled out a pair of white leggings.

"Perfect!" She yelled, throwing them at me. I held them as she grabbed my light blue vans that would match the dress and tossed those into my hands too. She was so good at this. How did she know this stuff? It made me envious of her. She walked over to me and smiled, putting her hands on her hips.

"Go knock 'em dead, Goldilocks." She winked at me when she used Declan's nickname for me. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Don't call me that. I don't even know why he calls me that." I grumbled as I picked up the dress off the bed and started to change. Once I got it all on, I walked over to the mirror in the bathroom and looked myself over. Luckily, my forehead had healed enough the last couple days that it wasn't as noticeable anymore.