29. Protecting her from himself

It was finally the weekend and that meant I only had to take my finals next week for the end of the semester and then it would be winter break.

It was also the day that I promised myself I would go to Declan's house and tell him my decision.

"So I think I'm going to get Grant a Rolex watch, what are you getting for Ray, Bailey?" Bridget's voice broke me from my thoughts. Bailey shrugged and looked away in shyness.

"You haven't gotten him anything yet?!" Bridget asked. Bailey shook her head and then slowly looked at us again.

"Well, let's all go out together tomorrow and help you find something for him!" Bridget said excitedly.

"That sounds fun." I commented and Bailey nodded.

"What about you, Crystal? Are you getting anything for Declan?" Bridget turned her attention to me.

"No, I'm going over there today to officially end things with us." I told her, trying to play it off like it wasn't a big deal. But the truth was, the thought of telling him that I was done with him scared the hell out of me.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" She asked cautiously.

"Yes...atleast, that's what I need. I just can't be with him after what happened."

"So you think it was his fault for what Nikki did?"

"No, but it is his fault that he didn't pull away." I stated coldly.

"Well, if that's how you feel, I can't change your mind."

"No, you can't. But let's for sure go shopping tomorrow. Does ten o'clock work for you guys?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yup." Bridget answered and Bailey nodded.

"Alright, I better get to work. See you guys tomorrow!" I said and then head out of their dorm room.

"Bye!" Bridget called and Bailey waved. I looked back once more, smiling and giving a small wave, before walking out of the room. Once I got outside, I took in a big breath of the cold fresh air. Snow was coming down in sheets of white bliss. I smiled as I watched it come down from the sky and coat the ground.

It's all going to be ok, one way or another.

I stretched and then went to my car and started it up. As I drove to work, I thought about Declan.

His match was yesterday. I wonder how it went...

When I got to the restaurant, I went to the back and saw Cindy talking with a young girl who looked like she was about fourteen.

"Crystal, this is Ruby. I need you to train her today." Cindy explained. I smiled and shook Ruby's hand.

"Nice to meet you." She and I nodded.

"You too. I will go show you where the time clock is first." I said. The rest of the afternoon went smoothly with the new girl until we took our mandatory 10-minute-break.

"So what's wrong with you anyways?" She asked. I looked over at her and rose an eyebrow.

"What are you talking about?"