5. Protecting her from unhealthy habits

"Crystal, wake up!" I opened my eyes to see Bridget above me, jumping on my bed. I groaned and rolled over but because Bridget was jumping on the bed, I rolled too far and fell off in a heap of blankets. I groaned again, rubbing my head that I bumped on my desk when I fell.

"Damn it, Bridget. What are you so happy for this morning?" I asked as I stood up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"I got more tickets!" I widened my eyes at her, fully awake now.

"You're not talking about-"

"Yes! Declan Murphy's next match!" She screeched, cutting me off. I sighed.

"I'm not going." I told her as I turned around and started for the bathroom.

"What do you mean?! You have to declare your love for him!" She yelled, making me whip around and glare at her with my eye twitching in shock.

"I am NOT in love with him!" I screamed. She laughed, falling back on my bed.

"Denial!" She claimed. I huffed out an angry breath, turning back towards the bathroom and walking in. I slammed the door and took a shower. When I got out, I got dressed and grabbed my backpack and laptop.

"I have to get to calculus. I'll text you when I get done. See you in the cafeteria." I waved at Bridget and headed out my door, leaving her in my room. She liked to hang in my room because our dorm had better wifi than hers. I walked to my class and found my usual seat towards the back. I got out my laptop as I waited for the class to start. I checked my Facebook and noticed a friend request.

Declan Murphy.

Of course.

I looked at my screen for a while, trying to decide whether to accept it or not. But because I hate men and I refused to let this guy work his way into my life, I hit the Not Now button.

I wish there was a Hell No button. I feel like that described my feelings a lot better.

I looked up from my laptop to see the professor walking into the classroom. He was an older guy with a speech impediment. It made me wonder why he decided on teaching. I shut my laptop and got my notebook out trying to focus on what he was writing on the board. However, my mind started wandering back to Declan.

Why was he so insistent on wiggling his way into my life and treating me like a damsel in distress? If there's one thing he should understand by now, it's that I can take care of myself.

After class I texted Bridget and told her I was on my way to the cafeteria. When I got there, I found our usual table and saw that Bridget and Bailey were already eating.

Jerks couldn't even wait for me.

I grabbed a plate, made myself a salad from the salad bar and then sat down with my friends. They stared at my food like I had completely lost my mind. I usually didn't eat healthy but Declan's voice kept echoing in my head about high cholesterol.

"What?" I asked.

"Why are you eating rabbit food?" Bridget asked. Bailey giggled at her joke as I rolled my eyes.

"I can't just decide to eat healthier?" I asked, taking a bite of my salad, trying not to grimace at the taste.

"Who are you and what have you done with our fast food junkie? She goes by the name of Crystal."