3. Protecting her from falling

I looked at my closet trying to decide what to wear to the MMA match. Bridget said that this fight was a big deal because one of the competitors was Declan Murphy, the biggest up and coming fighter in the USA. Apparently, he's pretty famous in that world right now and Bridget was a huge fan. I brought my attention out of my thoughts and back to my closet.

What do you wear to these things?

I decided on a pair of jeans, a white tank top and a black hoody. I walked to my bathroom, put some makeup up on and then went back in the room to show Isabel my outfit. She was sitting at her desk trying to study but was obviously getting nowhere fast.

"How do I look?" I asked her. She looked up at me with her bold black glasses and smiled.

"You look cute." She said and I frowned.

"Do you think this will be ok for the fight?" I asked.

"You make it sound like someone is getting murdered." She replied.

"Well, what the hell do I call it?!" I cried. She simply shrugged.

"Can you just answer my question? Do you think this looks ok or is there something specific I should wear?" I begged.

"I think you look fine." She said and turned her attention back to her books.

"Ok, good enough, I guess."

The door opened to reveal an ecstatic Bridget. She was wearing a black shirt that had the name Declan Murphy written on the front with red boxing gloves below the name. She jumped around giddily as she grabbed my hands and squealed.

"Oh my god! I can't believe we're actually going to see Declan Murphy in person!" She screeched, her voice about splitting my ear drums.

"Yay, so exciting!" I yelled sarcastically. She stopped and glared at me.

"Can you at least pretend to be excited?"

"I'm excited to spend time with you." I offered. She smiled back at me and nodded.

"That will do. Come now, grab your stuff and let's go!" She squealed again. I grabbed my things and shoved them into my pockets.

"Alright, I'm good." I told her. She grabbed my hand and pulled me quickly out of my room, down the hallway and out to the parking lot. We slipped into the white Cadillac Bridget received from her parents when she got accepted to this college. It was a 20 minute drive to the arena while listening to Bridget go fangirl about Declan Murphy.

"Oh and did I mention how cool his eyes are?! One is blue and one is brown. Seriously, so dreamy, I could faint!" She shrieked.

Did she just say his eyes were different colors?

No, it can't be him...

"Are you even listening to me?!" She whined. I turned to her and nodded.

"Yeah, two different colored eyes...did you um happen to see the guy who saved me from that creep last night?" I asked.

"No, why?"

"No reason...just curious."

There is no way they're the same guy, that would be too weird.