The Arrogant Billionaire's Girl

Chapter twenty two

Abigail's pov

"Are you sure?"he asked for the hundredth time.

"Of course I'm sure sebby. I can manage" I rolled my eyes.

He sighed "If something goes wrong, call me ok?."

"Yeah yeah....I have you on speed dial sebby. Don't worry" I showed him my phone.

He narrowed his eyes "I'm serious abby. Don't take it easy." I nodded.

He sighed. "Ok then...I will join you as soon as my meeting is finished. Ok?."
I nodded.

He left with a kiss on my forehead. Seb kissing my forehead became a regular thing between us these past two days.

It's been two days since we landed in Florence. On our first day, after breakfast, we went to a painting exhibition and bought some pieces. By the time we finished, it was past noon. So after late lunch, he took me to the Galleria dell' Academia which displays Michaelangelo's "David". Everything in the gallery is splendid. I'm not quite the artist fan or something ; but I was amazed by their works.

After that we ate dinner which is of course pizza in a small diner and let me tell you...that was the best pizza i ever tasted in my life. Then we strolled through the local shops on the streets and I bought some handcrafted items for Scarlet and Liam and others. And some Italian spices and stuff and of course seb paid ignoring my protests. Then we came to our hotel and when I was about to enter my room; he stopped me, said a good night and kissed my forehead. And me,,,,, I blushed profusely and rushed inside my room. I could hear him chuckle all the way to my room.

The next day, we went to the addresses given by Mariah and selected some paintings there. Seb was a great help in selecting the paintings when I was confused. After the painting selection,  seb had a meeting and dragged me with him. Even though I wanted to go visit some places, he was pretty adamant in not leaving me alone. So that resulted in me waiting in his office room for two hours till he finished his meeting; and him, promising me to take me to visit the city the next day. That meant today. But suddenly another important meeting came up for him.

Even though he don't want me to roam alone, he reluctantly agreed. I even refused to take marco with me. I don't want some hulk of a man following me everywhere like a puppy. So I didn't agree to go with him either. I don't even know I will ever come again here or not. So I don't want to waste my time sitting for hours in seb's office; I just want to make most of it before returning to New York.

I showered and wore a light purple spaghetti strapped dress which is tight at the bust and loosely flared below and reaches till my knees. I then put on my white cardigan. Curled my hair in loose waves ; applies some makeup. I put on my purple strapped wrist watch and finally slipped on my black flip flops. I don't wanna risk my foot by wearing heels since I wil be roaming most of the time. Now I'm good to go.

I went to the coffee shop around the corner which i saw on my first day here. I went and sat on the booth near the window. 

"Cora vorresti avere"  a guy who must be the waiter came and asked me.

I blinked. Oh no!! I didn't think about this language part when I decided to roam alone. Suits you right abby.

"English? " I asked nervously.

"You American? " he asked. I nodded. He again said something in his language and went off.

Ten minutes passed and still there was no sign of that waiter guy or anyone else near my table. I don't know what to do. Maybe it's better if I leave. Just when I started sliding my side bag, someone cleared their throat. I looked up to see a guy around my age with a perfectly tanned muscular body, blonde hair and grey eyes.

"Uhm...hi..I'm Matt. My friend said that there's someone in this booth that doesn't no Italian. And I assume that must be you?."

I nodded relieved. "Thank God you showed up. Actually I was gonna dash off to the exit. "

He laughed. "I can see that."

"You speak English very well...but you don't look like a local.." I raised my brows.

He nodded. "I'm from Canada. I came here to complete my masters Degree in architecture. I work part time here. "

I remembered seb's words from yesterday "Florence is homes to art and architecture"

I nodded. After taking my order which was a cappuccino , a french Toast and omelet,  he left. I took out my map that I bought on the first day and wondered where to go.

"If you want i can suggest you some places" came a voice. I looked up to see Matt grinning with a tray on his hand. Guess I didn't see him since I was so engrossed in my map.

"That would be nice. Thank you" I smiled. He nodded and placed the plates on the table and slid into the chair opposite me.

"Don't you have work to do? " I raised my brows.

He shrugged. "A few minutes won't kill. And moreover you look like you could use some help" he gave a sheepish grin.

I laughed " so true. "

I grabbed a pen and paper from my bag and slid them to him. "Write some places with directions. But not the distant ones. I  don't wanna risk getting lost. "

He nodded and wrote something and gave me. When I looked, there was just a phone number. I looked at him questioningly.

He scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Actually that's my number. My shift finishes in an hour. I can take you to visit some places if that's okay with you. I don't want a beautiful girl like you to get lost. " I blushed.

I thought for a moment. He doesn't look like a serial killer. It's better to go with someone who knows the city well rather than going alone. So I agreed. "Ok. It's a good idea. But what will I do till your shift finishes?."

He beamed. "That's no problem. You can go to the uffizi gallery and pass time there. It's one of the best here. And also it's by the corner only. That way, after finishing my shift I'll join you there. "

I nodded " sounds like a plan. "

After finishing my breakfast, Matt came out and showed me the gallery. I exchanged my number with him and started walking to the gallery.