The Arrogant Billionaire's Girl

Chapter twenty five

Abigail's pov

He was wearing a white wife beater and grey loosely fitted pyjamas. Wow!! It was like looking at a totally different person. When I looked up at his face, he was totally looking at me. Shit!!I've been caught!.

"He started crying and I don't know where to go. I don't have experience with children " I murmured looking at the ground.

"And where did you get the idea that I have experience with children? Please enlighten me miss Abigail" he folded his arms and looked at me.

Back to the rude form I think. I sighed. "Sorry for disturbing you Mr. Knight. Since I only know you here, I thought that maybe you could help me. I guessed wrong. Sorry for troubling you. Good night. Sleep well" I turned around.

"Wait!" He called. I looked at him questioningly. He sighed and went inside after ordering a come in. If this was any other situation other than this, I would have shown my bitchy attitude. But because of the crying baby in hands, i followed him inside.

His room was a mirror image of mine. Except this one had a huge four seater sofa with a glass coffee table. He went to the table beside his bed and took his phone and called someone. I didn't get to hear what he's talking since the baby's crying is loud. I sat down in one of the sofas and tried to hush him. But nothing worked out. Damon came after few minutes with tension clearly visible On his face. He sat on the sofa opposite me and rubbed his temples. I waited for him to talk something. But nothing came out of his mouth and he continued rubbing his temples.

"Uuhhhmmm....about the crying baby? What can we do?" I asked not wanting to wait for him to talk first.

"I called the hotel reception. They have sent for someone to take a look at the child but it will take an hour or two for her to reach here" he sighed.

Oh God!!! "What are we going to do now?! By the time that someone reach here, the baby might be dead" I panicked.

" Don't overreact. Nothing will happen within an hour or two" he snarled.

"Don't overreact??? Did you even see the child? Couldn't you hear it's scream? He's been crying non stop for an hour now and you're telling me I'm overreacting? You are such a heartless moron" I literally shouted in his face.

"Mind your words miss Abigail. I'm your boss. So don't forget that" he warned.

This calmed me down a bit. I took deep breaths and looked at him. "I will take him to hospital. Sorry for disturbing you Mr. knight. I should have done it first thing" I told him and picked up the baby and started heading out.

"Are you mad? Do you even know how far is the hospital from here?" he shouted clearly irritated. I sighed. This was not going anywhere. Suddenly he got up and went to the corner of the room. I looked at  the crying child sadly.

"Here." He thrust a huge can of milk in front of my face. I looked at him questioningly. "Give this to him. Maybe he's crying because he's hungry ."

Maybe he's right. How couldn't I think of it sooner I scolded myself. "But we can't feed him directly from the can. You don't happen to have any feeding bottle don't you??." I asked rather quietly.

Now he looked clearly pissed. "Sorry for asking. You don't have to answer that" I replied nervously. Now I feel really stupid for asking that to him in the first place.

He took a spoon from one of the drawers and handed it to me. "Feed using this" he instructed. I nodded and bought the spoon from him. Slowly I started feeding him the milk and finally he stopped crying. Thank God!

I looked at Damon " he stopped crying." He gave me an irritated look saying "I can see that."

He came and sat in front of me and folded his arms and asked " Now can u tell me how you ended up in the middle of nowhere with that baby?." I nodded and started explaining what happened. He listened very carefully. Once I finished my story, I looked at him to see a strange expression on his face. I waited for him to reply.

He was rather quiet for few minutes and told "i don't wanna ask why you did something stupid like this without considering your safety first because it's none of my business. You go and get some sleep. I will contact the authorities about this problem in hand" He motioned the baby which angered me a bit but I didn't show anything .

"You can go and sleep now miss Abigail." I nodded and carried the baby and went to the door. He came behind me to close the door. I stopped at the door, turned around "Thank you so much for saving me Mr. Knight. I can't even imagine what would have happened to me if u are not there."

That thank you I said to him really came from the bottom of my heart. Even though he was an arrogant guy, and even though I don't like him, I really felt safe near him. Don't ask me why , because I really don't know.

He nodded his head and told me a good night and closed the door. I swear I saw him give me a small smile and closed the door. Maybe I was imagining that . Who knows!

*******************

Damon's pov

          As she was narrating her story, so many mixed emotions ran inside my head. I was so angry at her as to why she would risk her own safety for someone's child whom she don't even know. Next I was very furious at the guys who laid their filthy hands on her. I really can't figure this girl out.

Then it strikes me as in why I was thinking about her too much . She's jut a mere employee of mine. I shouldn't think too much about this. Once I came to a conclusion, i looked at her. She was waiting for my reply it seems.

"I don't wanna ask why you did something stupid like this without considering your safety first because it's none of my business. You go and get some sleep. I will contact the authorities about this problem in hand" I told her. I saw a flash of anger on her face. But it disappeared as soon as it came. Maybe she is angry because I referred to the baby as a problem. I don't see any wrong in that. I really felt that the baby was a big problem.

She stopped near the door and said "Thank you so much for saving me Mr. Knight. I can't even imagine what I would have done if u are not there". I can see that she really meant that. This made me smile a bit. But I quickly closed the door before she could see that. I made a mental note to talk about this to the authorities without involving her name. I really don't want any trouble for her as she had already gone through so much in this one day.

And once I landed in New York, Laura is gonna get an earful from me. How could she send that girl all alone to some unknown country! I was so furious. Then again, I scolded my brain to not think about her again. With all these thoughts in mind I went to sleep.

********************

Sorry for the very long update guys. I've been through so much that I totally forgot that I have an ongoing story in wattapad. Hereafter I will really try my best to update one chapter every week. Once again I'm so sorry. Love ya my readers.