Chapter 14- Rebels Dog Walks and Snarkasm

"I feel like such a rebel." I admit, bouncing in my seat. "You know, considering how it's illegal for you to be driving. The driving age here is 17." I mock chided, before adding with a smirk, "We aren't in Kansas anymore, Toto. Get with the regulations. Not everyone can be speeding around racetracks at the age of 14."

I had learnt a lot about Cameron in these past ten minutes, ever since he pulled up in front of the school in his flashy yet modest looking (if that was even possible) car.

"I lived in Michigan." So maybe, I haven't learned so much. "Nice try though, you almost managed to get in a movie reference in there."

"I was close."

"Not really." He replied, with another eye roll, "Besides, the only reason I'm driving is because Nat's ill. Also. If this is what you consider to be living on the wild side, then you lead an incredibly sad life."

"Thanks."

"Your w-"

"Don't you dare." I glare at him warningly.

"Okay, okay. We're here anyway."

I looked up to see we had come to stop in Cameron's fancy driveway that led to his fancy house which was slowly becoming a familiar sight.

❊ ❊ ❊

"Well, seeing as you were too much of a wimp, I asked your sister instead." Cameron replied to what must have been my fiftieth question that evening, ever since he explained his (admittedly brilliant) marketing plan.

"Hey!" I object (even though it was totally true), it took me another moment to absorb the rest of his words. Other than the insult that is. "Wait- You talked to my sister?"

"That is generally required when you ask a question, yes."

"Okay, Mr Sassy Pants. You can cut down on the skarkasm."

"Snarkasm?"

"Snarky sarcasm." I explain, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Right."

"Anyway, so how did it go?" I ask him expectantly. Lena, for whatever reason, hadn't told me she spoke to Cameron so I was genuinely curious to hear his answer.

He shrugged, "Good, I guess. She had this creepy smile on her face after I explained who I was but she agreed."

"She did?"

"Have a creepy smile or agree? 'Cause the answer to both is yes."

I clapped my hands together in glee. "That's great!" I say, "Her agreeing, I mean. Not the creepy smile. No idea what that's about."

Cameron gave me another casual shrug. I picked up one of the flyers that had somehow gotten loose, I studied it for a moment, although there was nothing wrong with it. The amount of hours we had already spent on it could vouch that.

"D you think it'll work?" My voice had dropped three octaves. I spoke barely above a whisper now.

"Guess we'll find out next Monday." Cameron replied. He slowly takes the flyer out of my grip and slots it among the rest. All the while maintaining eye contact.