Chapter 1

"Tori. . .", I heard someone whisper while poking my side. "Tori." The voice got louder and the poking on my side grew harder. "Tori!"

"Oh for all that is holly, WHAT?!" I shouted while rolling over to look at who was about to feel my wrath of waking up to early. The victim was apparently Jessica.

She then started to giggle seeing as how pissed I was. "Tori, don't you know what time it is?"

I growled and rolled onto my stomach, shoving my pillow over my head. "No. And I don't really care."

This of course, started making her laugh all together. "Tori, it's almost one in the afternoon!"

At hearing that, I shot up off my bed, sending the pillow on my head flying across the room. "Crap! Why didn't you wake me up sooner! Now I'm gonna be late and Travis is going to kill me!" Through my whole rant, I was changing out of my night clothes. I grabbed a random T-shirt and shorts and threw them on.

"I did. But I swear you sleep like the dead sometimes. Don't worry. I'll call him and tell him you are on your way. I'll just tell him you were helping me with something. That should appease him", she then started to make her way down the stairs from my room.

Well, thank the moon goddess for Jess. Travis won't question her since she is his mate and all. He wouldn't dare try to anger her. Last time he did, he had to sleep in the guest bedroom at my apartment for a week. I don't even remember what it was about, just that I thought it was hilarious he could not stand up to a significantly smaller woman.

"Gosh darn! Where is that blasted shoe!" Once I have all my clothes on, I ran to the bathroom. While there, I looked up into the mirror.

I have changed so much since that attack on my old pack. I mean, I still look the same with my warm, chocolate eyes and long brown hair. But, my personality had changed and so had my views.

As a pack wolf, you are raised to see and treat a Rogue as a threat. That all Rogues are evil, heartless creatures without a cause. But I learned that being a Rogue does not set you up to be evil and being in a pack does not set you up to be good. I learned that first hand. When Damien, a pack wolf, brutally slaughtered my pack and Travis, a Rogue took me in.

When I first met Travis, he took me back to where he and his group of Rogues had decided to stay for the night. All the friends I have today, I met that night. There was of course Jessica, then Scott, Greg, and then Greg's mate, Kristina. There were all so nice that night. It shocked me so much that they allowed me to stay and join them. But I am thankful they did. I now consider these people to be my family.

Yes, I do miss my old pack, but that's in the past now. I will never join another. Packs are only full of power hungry leaders and cause wars and fights. I have obviously had enough of that. I'd rather be free anyway. To roam where ever I please with my new family.

"Tori!! Are you done yet!" Jess was shouting for me from all the way downstairs, breaking me out of my thoughts and causing me to continue brushing my teeth and to put up my hair in a messy pony tail.

"Yeah! I'm almost done!" And with that I hurriedly ran down the stairs towards her voice.

"Jeez. Took you long enough. Travis was pissed considering you we're supposed to be there at noon and its now 1:30.", Jess said while handi g me a blueberry muffin and a glass of milk.

I snatched the muffin and scarfed it down as fast as I could and chugged the whole glass of milk. "Travis is always pissed anyway."

"Because you're always late." She tried to act like she was scolding me but you could see the smile trying to break across her face and the sparkle in her blue eyes. Her gold curls were framing her face.

" I know I know." After putting my glass in the sink I made a mad dash for the front door while shouting, "And thanks for waking me up!"

A/N~ thanks to anybody who read my first post. Greatly appreciated! Please comment and tell me what you think. It would mean a lot to me :) I would like to hear opinions and suggestions :D you can vote too :)