Chapter 14

If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now. I HATE waking up early.

Of course Kade didn't care though. In fact, he made it a point to rouse me from sleep every morning for training himself.

I knew why he was doing it too.

Since I had made it such a big deal that woman be present for training, Kade attempted in any way possible, that he could think of, to make me change my mind.

But it won't work. As much as I hated waking up at 6 in the morning, I disliked proving Kade right even more. There was no way I was going to let Kade think he beat me on this! I will not give.

Thus, every morning I was awoke from my precious sleep by my unmerciful mate. Terrible, yes I know.

I think Kade started to understand that I was not breaking on the subject because he left in a huff. Kade never did that! He always waited for me to get ready so that we could walk to the training field together. But the buttwad actually left me!

Hump! I'll show him! Kade and his stupid tantrums.

I was actually excited for the training today. We would actually get to spar against one another.

That's right folks! Kade forced me to relearn all of the offensive and defensive stants along with all the different attacks and blocks. I already told him that I knew this from my time at the Columbine Pack combined with my training with Travs. I would still be learning the basics if Kade's lead fighter hadn't said that there was nothing more he could teach me.

But now it all paid off and I would get to show the pack my true skills as a fighter. They would understand that I don't need Kade to lean on in battles and that I can hold my own. I don't want my new pack looking at me as if I am a weakling because I'm a girl. That's ridicules!

Besides the training though, I'm about to have a very busy day.

The weekend had came faster than expected and the barbecue that would introduce me personally to the pack was today. Everybody had already seen me before but Kade demanded that there be some form of celebrance for my arrival as their Luna.

In the end I was okay with the party happening because Travis and the whole gang would be there.

I missed them so much. I was used to seeing them everyday and now I would be privileged to speak on the phone to one of them. Travis was the only one that ever visited in person.

"Tori!"

Luke's voice startled me. Turning, I raised an eyebrow in his direction.

"The Alpha sent me to come retrieve you. You were taking a while," he said while smiling.

Blinking a few times, I realized I had been moving sluggishly and at a slow pace. "Sorry. I'm not fully awake yet. You guys know how much I hate the mornings!"

Chuckling, Luke led the way out of the house with me following. "Well, you know what I hate more than that? An angry Alpha so lets move our asses."

"Then lets race there!" I got an excited grin on my face.

Luke's expression quickly mirrored my own. "Yeah! Count down," he demanded.

With both of us taking stances, I counted, "3 . . . 2 . . GO," and took off into the woods in the direction of the training field.

"Hey!" Luke's voice came from far back.

The dalt was probably still standing there not fully grasping what happened.

Those were my thoughts until I was shoved into a tree. Looking up, I saw that Luke was running ahead while laughing.

Growling, I shot up and raced after him, catching up easily. Quickly, I pushed him hard to the ground and kept running. I could see the field where the pack was training in the distance. It was a few feet away and I was getting closer fast.