The Backstory

Having powers isn't as cool as it sounds. There's a lot more going on with powers than you know. People want us gone... Want us dead. But I know the real story as to why they want us gone. Not because we are different, but because we're Evo's. Evo's are special people who were born with powers. They can help save the world. But I believe there's so much more to Evo's than we know. Here's our story...

Years ago when Evo's were welcomed as normal-like people, everyone was safe because of them. As the years passed, things changed a lot. More than what was supposed to change. People began to fear us and kill us off. All but a mere handful. This is where my story begins. Well, more like where I pick up from. We save others that fear us. They say Evo's can't be trusted. I believe that's a lie. We CAN be trusted, but they are blind to that fact. Choose to ignore it, forget all we did for them. Treat us like we don't exist. Call us monsters, freaks... Our only hope and family that we have to go off of, is the Evo's that are still alive, running away with us, starting over as someone new.

My name, is Amelia Jean Thompson. But you can call me AJ. I am 17 years old, in my senior year of high school, living in Carbondale, Illinois. I am an Evo. When I was seven years old, my father let these people take me away to a place I didn't like. Because I was different and because of my powers. My room was a white room, with no windows. There were toys and stuff, a bed, and very few things to keep me safe. I was trapped in a twelve by twelve foot cell. It's kind of hazy. I think about it a lot. Especially when I'm scared. My power is, I can create fire when I'm angry, and when I'm sad I can freeze things. Also if I feel threatened or think others are being threatened, I can put up a shield to protect them. During my 4-5 years in that "cell", the only word I could think of was 'ALONE'. No one to talk to, play with, no visitors, no way out. Or so I thought.

When I turned eleven I got released into a home with my aunt, Erica Krause. The meanest, most strict, and rotten woman on the face of the Earth. She had a daughter named Taylor, she was semi-sweet, kind-of an 'off and on' type of person. One day she liked you, played with you, and was a friend. The next day, she was an enemy, mean, cruel, strict, just like her mother. They had a big house with lots of windows, big rooms, and lots of space to move around comfortably, and freely. Never have I ever had this much room to move. I was finally free. Erica was an Evo as well. She could turn invisible to create a distraction. She's really good at that. She says that she can help me save the future. I have been living with her for seven years. It has felt like living hell. Everyone fighting, hitting each other, breaking things, throwing things everywhere, just felt like hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys enjoy this book. I am sorry if it sucks. Just know that I am trying to write different stories.

~Cassie~