Life After the Forgivness

It was now my sophomore year in college. Yep that's right about 2-3 years passed. Tommy and I were happy. Taylor was nice to me. It's so weird now. Erica and I are now helping Tommy with his powers. Containing them that is. Our next project is saving the world and all the Evo's. There's supposed to be a ray from the sun that will come and wipe out all existence on Earth. I have come up with a place that will be safe from the ray. Tommy and I named it Gateway, The new future.

Life has been hard. My father is no where to be seen, and is completely out of my life. Now all I have is Taylor, Erica, and Tommy. My heart hurts from time to time, but that's because I have been hurt too many times in my life. Tommy is working for Erica while I'm in school. I must say it has been really lonely here at East Carbondale University. I have no friends. Taylor isn't in school, but she is doing online classes, and is being homeschooled. I miss home, a lot. There are times that I want to just get up and walk off campus mid-day and walk home to either sleep, eat, or like Taylor; do online schooling.

One morning around 7:30 a.m., Tommy and I got out of bed, dressed ourselves and went downstairs to get food. After we got all the food we could hold in our arms, we went into the living room and watched Sherlock. Then after watching a few episodes, my phone rang. Who would be calling me at 9:00 at in the morning?? Taylor doesn't wake up till noon walking out of her room yawning saying 'what's for breakfast?' when we are all sitting at the table with subs for lunch. And Erica is at work, she leaves around 5:30 every morning and doesn't come home until 6:30 at night, sometimes later being just barely being ready for dinner to be served. I looked at my phone, and to my surprise it was Taylor. Weird, she never calls me this early, or ever. Well, unless she wants food, money, help, to wear my clothes, shoes, for me to do her work, chores, or for me to do her school work, or whatever else she wants from me. I answered the phone and talked to Taylor for about ten minutes. She said it had something to do with my dad.

Ugh not again, we just got things resolved. Even though things took a bit of a turn, and not wanting it to go as, I hoped it would, it's still resolved. Isn't it?

"What does he want now?" I asked.

"He needs you to help him grow and make up for lost time. So what do you say AJ? Will you do it?" She asked.

Huh, that's weird, she sounds like she wasn't sure what to say, or if she should even be asking me when she knows how upset I am with him for leaving me as a child. After a short pause I gave her my decision...

"Fine. I'll help you just don't do or say anything to make it awkward, otherwise I will hit you over the head with a shovel and you will wake up very confused, in Cuba! But aside from that, thanks for the heads up Tay. See you soon."

"Oh. Um, no problem? I think? Wait, no, just-- um just-- ugh forget it! Just ignore or forget the whole awkward thing that happened there. And I promise I wont make things awkward. Anyways, Erica needs to know before 10 o'clock tomorrow morning. If you're still positive you want to help us, and see him." She responded.

"Yeah I am, see you guys soon then. Bye." I could hear her sigh through the phone and say a brief 'okay' before I hung up. And of course, it had to be her. Out of all the people on Earth, Taylor included, that I would have to tell my answer to, it just HAD to be Erica. Great. Welp looks like I've got some stuff to do to prepare myself for not trying to ship my father to Cuba in a crate along with Taylor, in separate crates that is. Now where can someone fine two large crates for a ship? Guess I'll try the neighboring docks first.