1. Optimus Prime & Liege Maximo

This oneshot is inspired by this INCREDIBLE piece of art by Speedy/thespeed0flight on Instagram. <3

What if Liege Maximo, was Optimus' big bad older brother? This oneshot explores this scenario. Enjoy!

*******

A single spotlight in the centre of the room. That was the Autobot prisoner's only source of light in the room. Everywhere else around him was darkness.

He felt weak, cold, broken.

Both of his wrists were tied in chains, the ends bolted to the wall, making the Prime's movements throughout the room very limited.

His red and blue colour scheme shined in the light, along with the energon that was stained on his paint.

The last thing he remembered before waking from his unwelcoming slumber, he was out on patrol with a reckon team that consisted of him, his scout Bumblebee, his weapon specialist Ironhide, and his newest recruit to the Autobot ranks, Remix, a newly elected communications officer.

The Prime worried about what would become of his Autobot friends. Whether they escaped the blind siding attack or got captured as well, he did not know.

A 'whoosh' sound caught his attention. He slowly rose his helm from looking down at the floor, towards the automatic doors.

A tall, sleek figure entered the room. A devilish smile formed on his lips. He had a cameo green paint job with ruby red optics, a brown cape draped down along his back. He had long, sharp metal digits, resembling that of Starscream's servos. He also had long devilish horns on his head.

The green mech chuckled, seeming quite entertained at the state his prisoner was in.

"My, my, how the mighty of fallen."

Optimus' optics widened upon hearing that voice. He slowly rose to his pedes, stepping forward towards the centre of the room. He recognized that voice.

"... Maximo?"

"Aw, did you miss me?" The mech teased as he stepped into the light. "And it's Liege Maximo to you."

Optimus tried to take another step forward, but the chains on his wrists pulled back against him. The Prime huffed with a vent through his systems as he attempted to retaliate against his restraints. Liege Maximo laughed quietly at the sight.

"Don't waste your time," Maximo spoke as he stepped closer towards Optimus. "You're going to be here for a while."

"What is the meaning of this?" Optimus strained.

"Now is that any way to treat your dear brother?" Maximo questioned. "After not seeing each other for so long, that is all you have to say to me? I'm crushed!"

"I am not in the mood for games, Maximo," Optimus' optics narrowed. "What is going on? Where am I? Where are my Autobots?"

"Straight to business? You haven't changed little brother, you keep taking things way too seriously," Liege Maximo shook his helm before raising his servo, and slapped Optimus' cheek as the Prime faltered back to one knee. "Relax! ... Stay awhile." He snarled.

To Optimus, that really stung. He's had his down times with Maximo before, but this moment here? This one was really starting to grind his gears.

"But since you're so grumpy, I'll play along," Maximo continued, beginning to pace slowly around the Prime. "You are my prisoner. You are being kept here in my own facility. As for your precious, Autobots..."

"Tell me what you've done to them," Optimus stated, pulling on the chains as they rose from the floor and tightened, causing Liege Maximo to trip on them and stumble forward, slamming into the wall. "Now!"

"Persistent, aren't we?" Maximo commented, checking his jaw before standing back up. "Lucky for you, two of your Autobots escaped, despite my efforts. As for the other one..."

Suddenly a loud scream erupted from a room next door.

"AHHH!"

It's screech could be heard, muffled through the walls. It sounded familiar.

"... Remix!"

"Oh, yes! That was his name," Maximo realized, snapping his metal digits. "How could I forget?"

"What are you doing to him?" Optimus asked, his voice lowering with a growl.

"He is a foolish child. Instead of following your scout and weapon specialist's examples in escaping, he actually attempted to come to your rescue!" Maximo proclaimed. "I have to admit, I was this close," he rose his servo, his thumb and index finger inches apart. "To actually being impressed."

"Let him go, Maximo!" Optimus commanded.

"It is, Liege Maximo!" He shouted.

"Fine, Liege Maximo," Optimus spoke carefully. "Let Remix go! If it is I you want, then he is of no use to you!"

Liege Maximo suddenly froze in his place, standing in the middle of the room with his back turned to the Prime. "Wait a nano click," he suddenly turned to face him. "I know those words."

"Come again?" Optimus rose an optic ridge at the mech.

"Yes, yes, I remember! We've been in a similar situation before! You were there, helpless, begging me for mercy as I stood firm against you... But who was the unlucky victim?" He raised his servo to his chin, caressing as he pondered. He smirked a chuckle, glancing at the Prime. "... Elita-1?"

Something inside Optimus' processor snapped. The images of a burning housing unit and the pain shaking cry of a femme played in his memories.

"Don't you dare bring her into this." Optimus barked.

"Why shouldn't I? You took something from me," Liege Maximo proclaimed. "So now in return, I'll take something from you."

"You were unfair to her in your relationship. You had been abusing her for months, someone had to stop you!" Optimus protested standing back up to his pedes as he stepped closer into the light. "Now, I won't tell you this again; Let. Remix. Go."

"You're hurting, aren't you Optimus? You don't want that brat to meet the same fate of your precious love. I can see it in your optics. I love seeing that look. Do you know why?" Liege Maximo stepped forward, and with a swift move of his fist, he punched Optimus right in the gut, making his metal armour crack. "Here's a little warning that comes with this, little brother..."

Optimus gagged from the pain, energon coughing out of his mouth. He felt a sudden touch to his helm, as Liege Maximo forced the Prime to look at him, their faceplates just inches apart from each other.

"Because... If it hurts..." His devilish smile formed again as his metal digit from his free hand, stroked Optimus' energon like a paint brush before raising it to his lips and tasting it. "I'm doing it right."