6. Drift & Hina

This one shot is based off of my "Code" books, which is a Drift X OC series. The one shot is set in an alternate timeline than that of the story. Enjoy!

*******

The energon that coursed through Drift's veins was boiling hotter than the smelting pits of Darkmount. After celebrating their wedding with his beloved on Earth, the two of them were on their way to Hedonia for their honeymoon, until something went terribly, terribly wrong. Their ship was intercepted by the DJD while they were at a orbital pit stop to get more fuel for their ship, and Hina was taken from him.

Drift knew that the DJD were using Hina as a hostage so they could get to him. Like a game of cat and mouse where they were the mouse and he was the cat. He was on their hit list after all, a list of Decepticons who had left the cause during the war.

And he knew exactly where they had taken her.

He flew his ship back to the planet Delphi, the DJD's main stomping grounds. While Drift may not be strong enough to fight the entire team at once, he prayed to Primus his skills were enough to sneak inside their base, free Hina, and escape.

Drift hid his ship just behind a steep hill of snow. When it was cloaked, Drift made his way up the hill, reaching to the top as he caught a bird's eye view of the DJD's base of operations.

"Hang on, Hina..." He spoke quietly to himself as he transformed into his vehicle mode, cruising down the hill of snow as she swiftly transformed back into his robot mode, leaping into the air as he kicked a large circular side vent open, landing into a ventilation shaft. He closed the opening before opening another hatch in the floor, poking his helm out slowly to reveal a dark hallway.

He spotted a securtiy camera near by. Once it turned to face away from him, Drift jumped down, pressing his back against the wall. He waited for the right moment, before swiftly moving with such speed and grace, he avoid every security camera he saw, before taking cover at an intersection, barreling into a hallway.

"Too slow," he grinned, standing up as he came to a doorway.

The Cell Block. Hina was in there, he could feel it.

His optics scanned the whole area, and he felt a nagging sensation that something was not quite right. Of course there had been surveillance, that was to be expected with the DJD, but what about all their guards, Warriors, enforcers, and drones? It just didn't seem right.

Regardless, he kept an optic out, and crept alongside the edges of things, moving lightly, as it was essential. Something though was continually nagging him the closer he got, and he finally stopped and turned around quickly scanning the area quickly. Everything appeared almost normal, until the light's beam shifted and broke into a million different ones. Drift looked up, and saw the cloaked silhouette of one very large mech.

Narrowing his optics, he drew both swords, staring down the mech with as much malice as he could muster. 'This,' he thought, 'is the perfect opportunity to make them PAY for what they have done,'

"I was wondering when you would come," the mech spoke. He dropped down from the ceiling, landing just a few feet away from the samurai. He had a purple paint job with red piercing optics, and had the Decepticon symbol as his face. He was a tall and built mech, maybe just a bit taller than Drift.

The samurai glared at the mech before him, "Tarn." He hissed. The leader of the Decepticon Justice Devision.

"It has been a long time, Deadlock." Tarn replied. His voice was smooth and cunning, yet deadly all at the same time. He snapped the metal digits of his servos and the back of the room suddenly lit up. There were metal bars, from a cage. Inside that cage, was a very familiar femme. She was tied to chains on a pole, energon dripping from the side of her mouth.