2. Bumblebee & Knockout

This oneshot is inspired by this art piece created by milagrosen on Tumblr! Hope everyone likes it! 

In a alternate universe, the Transformers we know and love are actually human! What happens when two Cybertronians we all know and love are speed demon rivals? This oneshot explores this scenario. 

*******

The muffled sounds of cheering crowds could be heard from inside the locker room of Nevada's International Speedway. 

Racers from all over the world were invited to compete for the title of "Speed Demon". Whoever won tonight's race would be deemed the greatest racer on Earth. 

The tall, brown skin male sitting on a bench in front of his locker was slowly starting to feel the stress. He could feel his muscles tense, tightening against the leather of his black and yellow jumpsuit. He tilted his head up, looking at his reflection in the mirror that was strapped to the back of his locker, making contact with his piercing light blue eyes, and his brown hair along his head with a platinum blonde top. 

Tonight he was going head to head with last years champion, Knockout. It also wasn't exactly helping that he was also his rival. 

He tapped his heel against the floor impatiently, closing is eyes as he focused his thoughts, temporarily shutting out the rest of the sounds around him. He picked the track in his mind, his subconscious racing the course as he planned different maneuvers to stay a head of his competition. 

When he was satisfied, Bumblebee opened his eyes again, taking one more look in the mirror before he stood up from the bench. He pumped himself up, grabbing his helmet and swiping his car keys as he shut the locker door, making his way out of the room.

He walked down the large hallway as he slipped his helmet on to his head, the colours matching his jumpsuit. The helmet masked his face, covering everything except for his eyes. There was a bright light at the end of the tunnel. Raising his hand slightly to shield his eyes, he stepped out through the exit, and was met with a loud applause and the constant flash of cameras.

"And last, but certainly not least, competitor #10, Racing's Rising Star, Bumblebee!"

Loud music blared across the stadium. "Y'all Ready For This?" kept the energy going as the crowd cheered the racer's name. 

Once he adjusted to the sudden attention, Bumblebee waved to the crowds, winking at a trio of fangirls at the front row who swooned, as he made his way over to his teams cockpit where his crew was waiting for him. 

"You nervous yet?" His crew manager, Fixit piped. 

He small for a man of his age, but his knowledge in mechanics and technology more than made up for it. He had light blue eyes with light brown hair with a blue cap on his head, wore a white t-shirt with orange overalls and grey boots. 

"A little bit, but I'm not going to let my nerves get to me this time," Bumblebee replied, cracking his knuckles. "Any sign of Knockout?"

Fixit tilted his head to the side, motioning for the racer to look behind him. Bumblebee focused his gaze forward to find his rival with his own crew. And flirting with a few of his fan girls. 

"I believe he has been waiting for you," Fixit spoke up. "I'll give you a minute."

He walked to the side, assisting the rest of the crew with final touches on the car as Bumblebee began to walk forward.

After chuckling at a joke he heard, Knockout turned his head and spotted the man coming towards him. He coughed, catching the girls attention as he moved his arms away from one of them. "Excuse me girls, I have some business to attend to."

The trio giggled like love struck teenagers as they waved goodbye at the red haired player before they made their way back to the stands as Bumblebee drew near. Knockout reached over to the side, picking up his helmet as he slipped on his head. 

"Long time no see, Bee," He spoke. 

"It has been a while, hasn't it?" Bumblebee recalled.

"I've got to admit," Knockout shook his helm slightly as he placed his hands on his hips, facing the brown man. "I was expecting you to chicken out."

Bumblebee bellowed a quick laugh before he crossed his arms over his chest. "Ha! In your dreams."

"Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed you've made it this far," Knockout admitted, stepping closer towards him. "But when I'm done with you, I'm going to make you wish you'd never step foot in that car again."

"Funny," Bumblebee chuckled with a glare as he stepped forward as well. "I was going to say the same thing about you."

That seemed to really tick off Knockout as he sent a bone chilling glare towards the slightly taller man. "So, sweet little Bumblebee thinks he can race?"

"Pf, I can beat you easily," Bumblebee rolled his eyes at his opponent, before meeting his gaze once more, forming his lips into a grin. "Pretty boy."

Knockout chuckled darkly as he stepped forward again, crossing his arms as the jackets of their suits just grazed each other, their faces inches apart. "Prove it."

Before they both could say anything further, the overhead speaker sparked to life.

"Drivers! Get to your cars, and start your engines!"

The two of them locked eyes for just a few more seconds before they broke the connection, making their way to their rides. Knockout as driving a Aston Martin while Bumblebee was rocking a Urbana 500. 

The two cars joined the rest of the racers at the starting line, the sounds of engines revving and howling quickly filled the air along with the cheering crowds.

"Make it mean, but keep it clean!"

Bumblebee looked over to his left, spotting Knockout parked next to him. He was looking at him as well.

"Fire it up in 5, 4..."

They broke eye contact again as they both looked forward, scanning the track.

"3, 2..."

"I'm going to mop the floor with him." Bumblebee muttered.

"1!"

The tires screeched to life, and the rest was a blur. 

*****

UPDATE: I have posted a Bumblebee X Reader story called Flight of The Bumblebee, please check it out! Either click the external link or go to my profile!