gσ σn ∂αтєѕ

Attached is a video of Noah singing

CHAPTER 9

[ Mike ]

"So, let me get this straight—" The blonde that was sprawled across my bed rather obnoxiously, turned onto her stomach and rested her chin in her hands as she tried to summarize all the information I had just given her, "—you made a deal with a sophomore so that you could lose your virginity to each other?" After I replied with a short nod, she added, "That's stupid."

I was expecting words of support of encouragement; but instead, I got words of disapproval. "How's it stupid?" I questioned, folding my arms against my toned chest and taking a defensive stance.

"I offered to have sex with you," the blonde noted. "Now you're restricting your options to a boy who, according to you, refuses to reciprocate."

My gaze lingered on the blonde's small frame for some time before I scoffed and threw a few packaged sandwiches into my gym bag along with several bottles of water from my mini-fridge. "I can't have sex with you, Cora. That'd be like having sex with myself. We're so much alike that it'd be really weird."

Cora watched as I filled the gym bag with food and other snacks and sighed very heavily. "Whatever you say, Mike. I just hope you're gonna get some sexual satisfaction from him because something tells me that he's the relationship type, not the fuck-buddy type."

"He's not," I refuted immediately, "we already had this conversation." Cora looked unconvinced, but she didn't bother to press the issue and kept quiet. She flipped onto her back to stare at the ceiling with her blonde waves falling over the edge of the bed. "How's Patrick?"

She squeezed her eyes shut and breathed a heavy sigh as she cupped a hand over her forehead, showing her clear frustration. "Oh my god, Mike! He talks about soccer all the time!"

"Well, that's Patrick for ya." I sent her a cheeky grin. "But don't complain because he's way better than any other guy you've been with." I raised a knowing brow at her, indicating that I was referring to her three-day fling with Derek.

Her eyes widened in pure fear. "Don't even remind me! Those were the worst three days of my life. I don't understand how he and Calvin can hate each other so much, but still be irrevocably in love."

"Trust me, I don't understand it either."

"They're gonna get married one day," Cora stated with a very convinced look in her blue irises.

With a scoff and a simple roll of my eyes, I swung the gym bag over my shoulder and quickly dismissed the idea. "I highly doubt it. They'll probably kill each other before that happens."

The blonde looked up at the ceiling, pondering the thought. After a moment's hesitation, she nodded. "Yeah, you're probably right."

Just as I zipped the bag, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I fished out the device and glanced at the illuminated screen, seeing Noah's name along with his text message. I had planned to take him out later, but now he was insisting that we go as soon as possible. I sent him a quick reply to let him know I'd be there soon.

"Anyway," I announced, completely shifting the conversation into a new direction. "I should probably get going. Keep my mom company, will you? She's watching telenovellas, again." I heard her chuckle softly in response before I gave her a small wave and strolled out of the bedroom. It took only seconds to breeze out of the house and trudge over to my car parked in the driveway.

As I started on the drive to Noah's place, I couldn't stop my mind from drifting to what had occurred just this morning. I was so angry that I rushed to Nicolas' house in hopes of having sex with him. In hindsight, that would've been a horrible idea. The last thing I wanted was for Nicolas to become strangely attached to me, regardless of how good his cooking was. I refused to let myself be put in the same position as Calvin because if history was any indicator, then that meant Nicolas would go after Noah and the poor, innocent boy would never be able to handle that.