мαкє нιм נєαℓσυѕ

CHAPTER 10

[ Noah ]

My brain was a mess of incoherent thoughts. Of those thoughts, there were three things that I absolutely knew: the boy that stood in front of us just mere seconds earlier was inhumanely beautiful which made me feel a bit insecure of my own appearance, he was also foreign which didn't make me feel any better, and Michael had sex with him which made me feel even worse.

I didn't want to jump to conclusions because nothing good ever came from that, but how could I not? When we made this virginity deal, it crossed my mind that Michael might have not been a virgin and was just using that as a way to have sex with me. I dismissed the idea, of course, because he didn't seem like that kind of person. But now I wasn't so sure, so I gave into the paranoia and asked, "You had sex with him?"

He finally seemed to recognize my existence after staring at the spot where the foreign guy stood for nearly a minute. "No," he said simply, but that wasn't enough confirmation for me.

"Are you even a virgin?" I continued to pry.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Why would I lie about being a virgin?"

"To have sex with me," I retorted.

"Obviously not since you won't let me." I placed my hands on my hips and shook my head in disbelief, genuinely at awe at the fact that he would pull that card. Noticing my sudden distress, he quickly retracted his words. "Don't worry, I'll play along with your games. Just know that when the time comes, I'm gonna redeem my prize." He finished with a silly laugh.

Any doubt that I previously had disintegrated into thin air once I saw his smile. "So you didn't have sex with him?" I asked just for further confirmation.

"He wishes," he scoffed. "Clearly, he only said that to break us up."

"Break us up?" I questioned, surprised at his strange use of terminology, but I didn't argue with it. "Why would he want to do that?"

Michael gave me a side glance as the corner of his lips curled into a lopsided smirk. "In case you didn't realize, I'm kind of a catch." He chuckled at his own statement, but when he realized that I wasn't following his train of thought, his countenance grew hard and serious. "Wait, you didn't hear about what happened to him?"

I shook my head. "No, what happened?"

He parted his lips slightly to tell me, but he stopped himself to skeptically scan his surroundings. "We can't talk out in the open. He's everywhere." Before I could question what he meant by that, he opened the passenger door for me and ushered me inside before retreating to the driver's side and doing the same. Even when we were behind closed doors, he kept surveying the school's parking lot to ensure that we were alone. "That guy, Nicolas, tried to kill himself a few months ago."

I gaped. "That's awful!"

Michael didn't seem to have any normal human reactions to such news, because he rolled his eyes. "Don't sympathize just yet. He's a crazy, psychotic stalker. He was obsessed with Calvin, to the point where he was willing to hurt Derek just so he could have him to himself. He tried to kill himself once he finally got the hint that Calvin didn't want to be with him. He hit his head pretty hard and now he claims that he has amnesia, but I don't believe it. Seems too convenient."

I wanted to say something, but when I opened my mouth, I realize I didn't really have anything to say. The entire situation sounded highly exaggerated because I couldn't actually believe that a person who was capable of all that was still attending our school, but the look of pure horror in Michael's clear eyes when he talked about certainly meant something. "Maybe you should tell a teacher, or your mom, or—"