Chapter 8.

Carlota's POV

I reluctantly opened the door, there he was, grinning from ear to ear with that smile that could make my heart melt in an instance. How could such an adorable, caring person end up with someone like Ashley?

"Are you gonna let me in or are you going to stare into the distance all night?"

"Uh? Oh, sorry. Come in." I was still half in a day dream whilst he waltzed through the door.

"Are you okay?" He questioned.

"Yeah, why?"

"No reason." He made himself comfortable on the sofa whilst I stood staring off into space at the doorway.

"Are you gonna sit down?" I honestly didn't hear him, my mind was in such a deep thought, why was here if he was with Ashley? She would literally kill me if she knew. "Hello, Earth to Lota." He waved his hand in front of my face after getting up from the sofa.

"Uh, sorry. What did you say?"

"Are you sure you're alright? You seem totally out of it."

"It's....it's nothing."

"If it's nothing why is it bothering you so much?" He looked deep into my eyes, I didn't have an answer for that, I didn't want to confront him about this situation but I guess I couldn't avoid it forever. "You can tell me, I won't tell anyone. You trust me right?"

"Of course." I said a little reluctantly.

"Okay...so what is it?"

I took a deep breath before I blurted it out; "Is it true you and Ashley are dating?"

"So that rumour is still going around is it?" He didn't sound angry with my question but he didn't exactly seem pleased. "Of course I'm not dating her, she's not my type. Who told you that anyway?"

"Oh right, um Cass did."

"The ultimate best friend but the queen of gossip, she'll believe anything she hears, don't worry I'm 100% single." He winked at me.

"I wasn't worried about that, I was worried more about Ashley."

"Why?"

"We don't exactly see eye to eye."

"You mean she sees you as competition?"

"Competition for what?"

"You'll see."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"C'mon, do you have any popcorn miss expert popcorn maker?"

"Sure do."

Within a matter of minutes my mood had changed significantly, I now couldn't wait to spend all night with Harry, not in that way, but hanging out as friends. After successfully making some popcorn and grabbing the fudge brownie ice cream out the freezer we both settled down on the sofa. We agreed to watch 'School of Rock.' I leaped off the sofa to go and get a blanket.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"To get a blanket, it's kinda cold."

"Okay, thought you were ditching me."

"Wouldn't dream of it." I shouted whilst running up the stairs.

I grabbed the blanket from my room and retracted back downstairs, I leaped full force back on the sofa sending Harry two foot in the air, which resulted in a laughing fit. We both landed back on the sofa, we also seemed a lot closer than before, in fact we were so close we were resting against each other. Harry reached for the blanket and spread it across both of us. We inched even closer so the blanket was evenly spread. Halfway through the film Harry didn't the whole cliché thing of yawning and putting his arm around my shoulder, typical move; it was literally like something out of the movies. I looked up at him and smiled back into his dreamy eyes. After watching endless movies and laughing about random stuff we both eventually fell asleep enjoying each-others company, his arm had formed a tighter grip around my shoulder whilst my arm was laid across his stomach. I fell asleep listening to his soothing heartbeat, his head was right next to mine. It was such a cliché moment, but for once I didn't mind.