Chapter 14.

Harry's POV

The first day back at school from the summer holidays was a bit of a blur, things had changed, and people had changed. Hopefully this year the teachers would be easy on the homework, although I highly doubt that.

I was rudely awoken the next day buy some obnoxiously loud music seeping through my walls, it wasn't coming from my house; it was coming from the neighbours. I turned over to look at the clock; it read 6 am, who needs to play music that loud at 6 in the bloody morning?! It wasn't nice music either, it had a heavy bass line and sounded like people shouting and screaming into a microphone. As much as I wanted to go back to sleep, I don't think that was an option. I just lay there thinking for a while. My mind started to think about Ashley, the girl I call my girlfriend, none of my friends approved of her, not even my parents liked her but for some reason that wasn't enough to end our relationship. Quite honestly I didn't really know what I saw in her, I think it was due to the fact she was the only one who seemed to care when I was in my depressed state, my friends were disappointed in me, we hardly spoke for weeks, everything seems good now, except they refuse to be around Ashley, who is always hung onto my arm. She's so clingy and needy it drives me insane but after having my own heartbroken I don't have the nerve to do it to someone else.

I couldn't stand much more of the repulsive music so I slowly heaved myself out of bed and made my way to the bathroom to shower, I passed Gemma in the hall, she literally gave me a death glare like somehow this music was my fault. After my shower I went downstairs to make breakfast, I thought the music had stopped but turns out the song was just changing. I left for school a lot earlier than normal; I needed some peace and quiet, even if I had to find that at school. Once I reached school I walked straight to form, arriving 20 minutes before the bell would even go. I rested my head on the table hoping to catch a quick powernap before anyone else got here, but I was joined in the classroom by someone else.

"You're here early for once." Liam stated, whilst he slid into the chair next to me.

"I didn't have much choice." I moaned.

"Why?" He questioned.

"The neighbours decided to play some obnoxiously loud music at 6am, it wasn't even relaxing music, it was proper screamo."

"And by neighbours you mean Carlota?" He asked, that name still stung whenever I heard it.

"Yeah, whatever."

"You deserve it." Liam said simply.

"Thanks, I thought you were supposed to be my friend."

"I am, but the truth hurts."

Our conversation on that subject didn't go much further, I knew it was my fault, I didn't need to be reminded all the time, it was bad enough having her here, it made me think of what I did and said every day and the guilt was just piling up waiting for me to explode. Right on time the bell rung and the class started piling in. Like yesterday I noticed how Carlota was late, she definitely looked different, and to be quite honest i'm not sure if that's a good thing. She had lost weight, I think everyone could tell. Wearing jeans that hugged your legs so much wasn't a good way of hiding it and in gym yesterday, I wasn't checking her out but her legs, they were just like bones. Her skin was so pale, it was slightly worrying. Her hair was a much darker colour, her hair looked good. Her eyes were thick with black eyeliner, much more than I had ever seen her wear before. Did I do this to her? She walked in late, totally ignoring whatever the teacher was saying to her, just like yesterday she slammed her bag on the table, causing all the attention in the room to be focused on her, I didn't turn around in fear of making eye contact.