Chapter 26.

Alex's POV

I felt like my heart had just been ripped out of my chest and thrown into the hands of the devil. My girl was lying in another man's arms because of what I made her do. I made her so upset she wouldn't stop, I made her so upset she went running out and I made her so upset she's ended up in his arms. My heart ached when he shouted he loved her but to see her actually turn around crushed my heart, it was over now, there was no going back. She loves him too and she can't deny it. I saw her body hit the car, it was the most shocking site I have ever seen, I wasn't there fast enough to save her, I wasn't there fast enough to have her in my arms. I loved her and she said she loved me too however I was the one calling the ambulance instead of holding her lifeless body. I couldn't help but cry down the end of the phone, I loved her. There was a rush of panic in the area, everyone but the hit and run driver stopped the cars causing a hold up. A crowd was gathering, Harry's friends were trying to back them off but seeing as who they were it just created more attention. Everyone was taking photos of her body, I just wanted them to stop but there was too many. The ambulance should be here in minutes, while I waited I watched him hold her in his arms, he was talking softly to her, kissing her face, this is what I should be doing, it was my fault she was laying there. I let the tears flow freely down my face, there was no point stopping them. Police were soon on the scene backing off the gathering crowds, they didn't move me. I didn't pay attention to what anyone was saying around me, I just stared at them. I was crying because he really did love her, they looked perfect together and the fact that the girl I love was in someone else's arms.

Carlota's POV

The sounds of beeping echoed inside of my aching head. Pain surged through my body so fast as soon I was awake. I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes I was still trying to endure the pain. Only the top half of my body was in pain, my legs were fine. I could tell I was in the hospital, I could recognise the smell but I had no idea what had happened and how I ended up here. I heard a door open and close and then shuffling off feet. I still couldn't bring myself to open my eyes, luckily my ears were still working. I felt someone's hand against my arm, I still couldn't tell who it was until they spoke.

"Looks like she's waking up, Carlota can you hear me?" An unfamiliar voice asked. I groaned in response and heard a few more feet shuffle towards the edge of the bed.

"Carlota can you open your eyes for me?" The voice asked again. I tried but it was too painful. The pain was becoming unbearable, I squeezed the metal bars on the bed to relieve some of the stress, it helped but not much. I just wanted to scream but I couldn't bring myself to do that, instead I let out another groan.

"What's wrong with her?" A familiar voice asked.

"She's just coming around; she's most likely in a lot of pain." The voice said.

"Well can't you give her anything?" The voice I recognised said.

"She's already had the daily dosage of pain killers. I'll go speak to my supervisor; we'll more than likely put her back to sleep for a couple hours until she can have some more pain killers." The voice said while they shuffled back out of the room. I assumed the voice was a doctor or a nurse. I didn't want to be put back to sleep but there was nothing I could, I was literally lifeless as it was. There was silence in the room except for my occasional groans of pain. I felt my right hand cupped in someone else's, it was comforting but the pain was still there.

"Can you give this to her when she wakes up properly and tell her I love her?" One of the voices in the room said, I recognised the voice, I didn't want him to leave, I needed to speak to him.

"Sure." Another voice I recognised replied. I heard the exchange of paper and then feet exiting the room. I felt tears slipping out of my eyes from the pain but for the fact I didn't know if I was going to survive that could be the last time I ever his voice. The air fell silent again, the voice next to me was quietly praying but was soon interrupted as the nurse came back in.