Chapter 19.

Carlota's POV

"Do you want any pepper?" Alex asked, I wasn't paying any attention I was focused on tomorrow, I was nervous to say the least. "Hello? Earth to Lota, you okay?" He asked whilst waving his hand in front of my face.

"Uh? Oh sorry. I was just thinking." I replied whilst playing with the pasta on my plate.

"About what?" He asked, oblivious to what was going on in my head.

"Nothing, nothing important don't worry."

"Okay... So how was Ed this morning?"

"Great, as usual, his album is coming along great."

"Awesome, I can't wait to hear it. Are you not hungry?" He asked while he was already reaching over for my plate.

"Not really, take it." I said whilst taking a sip of water.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked me whilst we were driving back to work.

"I'm fine, don't worry." I said whilst giving his hand a reassuring squeeze even though I knew I wasn't fine.

"Alright, I believe you. Are you still working with Ed this afternoon?"

"Nope, we finished it this morning; we started it a couple weeks ago so it was just final touches."

"So you're free this afternoon?" He said whilst wiggling his eyebrows.

"I know what you're thinking; keep it in your pants." I said jokingly whilst slapping his arm lightly.

"Ow!" He said dramatically. "So what are you doing this afternoon?"

"Preparation for tomorrow, working on a new bands album, Jack was thinking I could co-write some of their songs but I'm not so sure."

"Why not? You love writing songs."

"I know, it's just..."

"Just what?"

"Nothing." I replied bluntly.

"Well there you go then, get your writing hat on and write a hit."

"Yes sir." I said jokingly whilst pretending to salute.

"Well I've got the afternoon off, I think I'm going go home and sleep for hours. Do you need a ride home tonight?"

"Nope, I'm good. Lazy bugger, I wish I could go home and sleep."

"Jack won't notice, you can come sleep with me." He said whilst winking at me.

"What is wrong with you today, you're very ..."

"Very what?"

"You know..."

"Horny?"

"Alex!"

"What? Oh c'mon when was the last time we got passionate?" He said, almost sounding like he was pleading.

"Last weekend, when I stayed at yours." I stated as a matter of fact.  

"That was like 2 days ago."

"Exactly, now I have to go or else I'm gonna be late. Love you." I said whilst giving him a passionate kiss.

"Love you too, and I guess you're forgiven."

"I didn't do anything wrong in the first place." I said whilst leaning through the window of the car. He just gave me his puppy dog look. "Nice try, but I'm not buying it. See ya later." I waved at him whilst he drove off.