Iyanna

So as you all know in this book I have a character in my book named Iyanna and from a few comments I have seen not many of you know/understand her. So I am going to explain to you all who she is and what her roll is and all that jazz. 

I have decided that Iyanna will be played by Lindsey Morgan's character on the 100 Raven Reyes. Only because I needed a character that would match what I thought Iyanna is pictured as. If you do not like who I picked to portray Iyanna then feel free to picture her as who ever you see her as.

New note I don't where the idea came from to make Iyanna, I can't remember if she was brought to me in a dream or if she was a real character somewhere

New note I don't where the idea came from to make Iyanna, I can't remember if she was brought to me in a dream or if she was a real character somewhere. I honestly cannot remember where she came from so sorry for that...but anyways...

ABOUT IYANNA:

When she comes to see Elizabeth she isn't dressed in very old attire but it isn't apart of this generations. She comes dressed in a long dark robe with a red shall type thing, her hair is in long dark braid and she looks like she is in her early twenty's. Iyanna looks young enough to fit right in with everyone in Mystic Falls. She also appears like a ghost and is visible to whoever she chooses to see her. 

Anyways

Anyways.... as I explained in background Elizabeth is half of something called a Rosewood Witch and she gets the witch from her mother's side. I don't actually know what Carol Lockwood's real maiden name is but I just made it up as a part of the storyline. I also added in a character that will be seen/ introduced as Elizabeth's Aunt Alice who is the only other Rosewood witch in the world.

Rosewood Witch is basically a witch that gets all of his/her power from an item from Iyanna's human body. Hence the reason why Elizabeth would A. touch her bracelet back when Kol was going to attack her and B. the reference by Kol about the necklace Eliza wore.

SIDE-NOTE: So I have decided that for the plot line I would make Iyanna from the time of Silas, Amara and Qetsiyah. I the decided to make Iyanna apart of that timeline, she will be a cousin to Amara, so yes in a way Elizabeth will be related to Elena. So we will be seeing some flashbacks of Iyanna's childhood and the drama between Amara, Silas and Qetsiyah. I will be contributing Iyanna into that but Elizabeth might not be a big part in that for reason you will see later.

But going back to the Rosewood Witch thing... So a Rosewood witch get its power from a small emerald and this is the same emerald that Iyanna wore through her life. If the Emerald is taken off the Rosewood will lose their magic ability, not all magic ability but it will be more difficult to do stronger types of magic. So the women that got the curse/blessing always wore the emerald stone so that they could harness Iyanna's power. In the whole world only three emeralds exist one belonged to Alice [Elizabeth's aunt/ Carol's younger sister] the other belongs to Eliza and the last one is unknown. The only people that could wear the stone and have full access to its power are the desendents of Iyanna if a regular witch or human were to put it on then they would become ill. A black liquid would leak from there eyes, nose ears and all other holes of there body; if you have seen Teen Wolf then just imagine when Jackson was rejecting the bite and all that black stuff... if you haven't and don't understand then just look below [little-side note: I just gave myself Jackson feels].

 if you haven't and don't understand then just look below [little-side note: I just gave myself Jackson feels]

They would get sick because the amount of power inside the jewelry piece is meant to be taken in slowly. The witches have to train and slowly be exposed and practice the amount of energy inside of the jewelry piece. 

But when a child is born into the Rosewood blood-line the parents are given a choice to figure out if they want their child to have the curse of Iyanna. If they chose no then the child would never have to worry about them becoming a witch and they would remain human unless turned or something in their gene's will do otherwise. If the parents were to choose the way of Iyanna then the child would have an ultimate guardian angel type thing. On the down side of that Iyanna would put the life in danger by trying to achieve her goal.

The Lockwood's chose fro their children not to become apart of the Iyanna life style, but as seen in chapter; I think I wrote about her experience with Tyler in the woods but I cannot find it I don't know maybe I didn't write it. Iyanna was not in Elizabeth's life until she was lost in the woods at a young age and called for help and Eliza had to sign her life to Iyanna thus making Elizabeth a child of Iyanna.

Elizabeth see's the Iyanna situation with Iyanna as a blessing while everyone around her is seeing it as a curse. She thinks it's a blessing because Iyanna has saved her from a bunch of death experiences and made her childhood a little better. Iyanna was like Elizabeth's Fairy Godmother and like her conscience during almost every time of need.

. .. ... .. .

If there are anymore Questions about or on Iyanna just comment and I will answer anything, also if you have any ideas on what you would like to see feel free to comment or inbox me.