13

"Here goes nothing I guess." He says and I listen closely for the new information I'm about to learn about my mate.

I look at our connected hands before his face again as he starts talking. I don't want to miss anything because I would hate to make him repeat anything again.

"When I was 17 my parents left, they both left the pack grounds and after 2 weeks they hadn't returned. So by law I had to take over as Alpha but I was a year too young. We had our neighbouring Alpha, Alpha Jason, come here and train me. For a while I was Alpha but I was assisted. Then my parents came back and-" he takes in a deep breath "they had gone crazy. Driven mad because of their 'adventure', they had gone to find out and a rogue plan then tried to find this mystery wolf that can see the past, present and future."

I couldn't help but let out a startled cry, Austin quickly looks me over checking for injury when he doesn't he brings me closer to his chest. That is me, the mystery wolf. So his parents tried finding me? Why?

"While trying to find that mystery wolf and the rogues they were found by hunters, who tortured them. They soon got away and came home but their wolfs had silenced making them go crazy. They ended up committing suicide together by jumping off a cliff nearby. I was 18, Caleb was only 14."

I can't believe he was out through all that as a kid. No wonder nobody talked about his parents at the school. I just feel so bad and slightly guilty considering they were looking for me.

I feel his tears slip into my skin and I look up, I kiss both of his damp cheeks. He smiles sadly and tightens his hold on me, his hands run smooth circles on my stomach.

I'm currently in a bra and pj shorts because it's really hot tonight and I feel really confident with him lately. I move so I sit with my back against his chest and I'm siting in between his legs.

"It's okay Austin. I'm here for you, look how everything turned out. Your an amazing Alpha with the best
mate ever," I say making him chuckle "and Caleb is a fine young man now with outstanding grades."

"You always know what to say, smart arse." Austin laughs kissing my mark making a moan escape my mouth. I slap his chest and blush.

"You wanted to tell me something?" He says looking down at me. I frown and sit up while he watches my every move.

"Uh yeah," I say and move off his lap, I sit as far away from him as I could but every time I moved the swing would move too. I took a sip of my cocoa and sighed.

"You don't have to tell me now if you don't want to babe." He says scooting closer until he is right next to me, I sit on my knees with my sleeves pulled over my hands and the cocoa resting on my legs.

"I have to because..." I say "it may change the way you look at me."

He just gives a curt nod and kisses me. Then just sits next to me with a leg bent up and an arm around it.

"Well it's started when I was about 7 almost 8. I was just in my bedroom playing with my teddy when a teacher came in and started y-yelling at me. He dragged me out by my hair to the basement. He shouted at me for ages before he got out a w-whip and whipped my bare back." I say feeling the tears and memories overwhelming me. Austin growls and pulled me into his arms.

"It happened for years, he would beat me up everyday after school and I don't know why. I still don't know w-why. But when I turned 16 he started trying to...uh get with me, he would try and take all my c-clothes off but I wouldn't allow him too so I would get a beating. This scar," I said lifting my top showing the long scar down my side "it's from about three months ago when I started fighting back, he got a s-sharp silver knife and cut right the way down. I was in hospital for two weeks, he just said I fell. He ruined my life. He never let anything scar because he didn't want anyone to know. I-I'm sorry I never told you but it was h-hard. I thought you'd h-hate me."