18

Black. The colour of the night, the cockpit of death itself. The colour that many people believe is dark and evil.

That's all I can see. Black. Nothing seems right, there are no other people here just me. I'm all alone and I can't see wall or doors or even a floor.

How am I standing without a floor?

I try and walk but each step it turns darker but there is a glowing light coming from me. I look down at myself and gasp, there is nothing there.

Is this just my conscious mind dreaming? No. Well maybe. Must be. I guess.

I jump mentally as sparks warms my hand, I know that feeling anywhere. Austin, he is here well where ever I am in real life anyway.

"Maia," he whispers and I feel warm breath against my ear making me smile "you have to wake up now, I need you. I need you to wake up so we can be like we use to be. Before...all this happened."

I try to reply but my mouth isn't reacting, I try harder but it ends in pain. I whimper internally feeling myself weaken. I need my wolf back, she is there but she is extremely weak.

"Alpha." I hear a familiar voice, Doc John. "She is showing no sign of waking, we cannot help her anymore than we have. She has to do the rest by herself. You should go home Alpha and get some rest, you haven't left since she was brought in. We will watch over her."

I hear a low growl and footsteps leading away from me, but not leaving the room. I feel a kiss on my forehead making my heart skip a beat.

Beep.

I hear what must be a heart monitor next to me. Austin's hand grips mine tighter and I feel him kiss my lips again.

Beep.

My heart jumps once again and I feel my eyes flicker the slightest bit. The blackness around my starts fading and the turning into light.

"Come on baby." I hear Austin whisper, his warm breath against my mark making me moan. Wait, I actually made a sound!

My eyes flutter open very slowly taking in the surroundings, the light doesn't burn my eyes at all but I realise it's because they are dimmed.

"I'm here Maia." A calming masculine voice says making my heart beat faster as I'm closer to seeing him since being taken from him and tortured.

"A-Austin." I say my voice cracking as I turn my head to look at his cute face with a his smile and dimples.

"I'm here," he says kissing my forehead "I'll always be right here."

I lean up and wrap my arms around Austin, I'm finally in his arms once more. He is here with me at last and I am with him. I let the few salty tears leave my eyes and trail down my cheeks.

My mind stirs making me feel a wave of nausea, I bring my hand to my head trying to stop it. Austin stands up abruptly and gives Doc a scared look.

"I'm fine." I say sitting up, Austin is quick to help me after I wince because of the pain swirling inside me. Doc slowly turns the lights up so we can finally see properly.