Announcement & 10 years later...

I can't believe it's been 20 years since Austin and I found each other. But he still makes me feel like we are those teenagers we were back then. I grab my coffee and look out the back to to where my children are 'hanging out'.

Joe stands in the back garden holding his grandma's hand, he is 11 now and he is so much like Austin it scares me. Hot headed but has an extremely kind heart. The past few weeks all he has done is talk about finding his mate.

Then there is my latest child, Tanner. My baby boy, well he is 10'years old now. He takes after my father, with his looks and some of his personality. My dad has taken him out fishing with him today. I swear those two are together all the time now.

I move my eyes to where my eldest child, Mikey sits under the large oak tree with his mate, Rebecca, in his arms. They found each other about two weeks ago, Rebecca had only just moved here from another pack when they found each other. Ever since that day they have become inseparable.

Then there is Melody, I don't know what to do about my only daughter. She is difference since she turned 16. I think she envies her twin brother and wants her mate but the more time passes the less she believes she will find him.

I watch her at the very top of the largest oak in the pack, situated at the edge of the woods. This is her tree, she spends most of her time up there nowadays.

She usually sketches but sometimes I find her staring off in the distance at the unknown world. Melody has never left the pack grounds, Austin would never allow his only princess out of his safe arms. Her brothers shave all left and explored but she has never stepped foot out of the pack territory.

I've tried to persuade Austin but he is not budging, he just says "Melody is my only daughter, I will not let her fall prey to anything outside of this pack."

Two strong arms wrap around my waist from behind and I sigh in content. He rests his head on my shoulder and I lean into his chest.

"You okay?" He asks and I feel his eyes on me, but I keep my eyes on Melody who jumps down from her place in the tree and walks towards the house.

"I'm not the one you should be worried about." I say nodding my head towards Melody who is quickly approaching where we are standing, her head hanging low as she avoided the gazes of those around her.

"Maia," Austin sighs moving away and instead stands in front of me holding both my hands "she'll be fine. She is scared like I once was before I met you. She will soon realise if it's not meant to be yet, it will happen in the future."

"I trust you but we really should talk to get about it." I say worriedly. I stop Austin just before he was about to reply as Melody opens the door next to us.

She looks at us and smiles gently "Hi mom, hi papa."

"Hey sweetie." Austin says walking over and placing a kiss on her hair.

She then walks to me and gives me a hug, I instantly respond. Austin joins us for a group hug and I soon realising she is crying.

"I'm never going to find my mate." I hear Melody whisper.

_______________________

A/N

I'm writing a sequel!!!!!

Yep, it's Melody's story. Maia and Austin are coming back as old people and they are gonna be adorable!!!

Blurb:

Melody has a lot to live up to. Her parents being the perfect mates and her mother being the Mystical Wolf.

But Melody isn't like that. She is a normal everyday wolf.

Since her 16th birthday she has convinced herself that she has no mate, so she got into a relationship and pushed the pain away.

But then suddenly Alpha Prince Jayden shows up, and after finding out a Melody is his mate refuses to allow her to leave his side.

But she doesn't know how to handle this new found love.