Chapter Seven: July 31st

DISCLAIMER: *sigh*Must we really do this again? Fine *in a monotone voice* I do not own Harry Potter. Happy? Good.

A/N: Read, comment, vote, fan!

Betaed by: undiagnosedEpIdEmIcXXotaku

Chapter 7: July 31st

Harry bolted upright from the plush four-poster bed; sweat drenching his small form as he screamed in pain.

He'd been dreaming the dream that had been haunting him all month — him walking through a village full of trees with big, forest green leaves and succulent fruit, long twisting rivers full of vibrant waters and crowded with winged beings with wild colored hair. Just as Harry had been about to look down at his reflection in the river he'd been awoken from his sleep by unbearable pain, pain that tripled that of the Crucio Curse and doubled that of the potions Malfoy had given him while in Hogesmade. The pain started at the base of his back and raced up his spine to his shoulders where it multiplied until he could no longer produce another thought. His skin crawled uncomfortably against the silk sheets. He felt as if someone had placed him inside a burning building in the middle of an August heat. With an anguished cry, Harry began to tear at his pajamas, desperate to get away from the sweltering warmth that seemed to cloud him in cloaks of heat (I switched em. It might sound better this way. If you don't think so, feel free to change it).

"Cousin," a musical voice chimed from somewhere above. Harry idly wondered if he was dying and if the voice he heard was that of an angel. 'Well if that's what dying feels like, then I now know why Voldemort wants to be immortal so badly.'

'Wait, if I'm dying, why would an angel call me cousin?' Harry wondered. 'Only one person's ever called me cousin before; Dudley has never considered me family.'

"Cadence?" Harry croaked, blearily opening his watering eyes. Leaning over Harry was Cadence and an older female seemingly in her twenties, who could be Cadence's twin. She had blood red hair that cascaded to her lower back in long curls, and almond shaped green eyes, with tan sun-kissed skin that had an unnatural shimmer to it. The major difference between the two, besides their gender, was the two wings that protruded from her back. The wings reminded Harry of butterfly wings with their loopy shape; they were a light pink with opal white markings running down the edges of them. The female fae, as that was what Harry guessed her to be, had the same markings on the side of her face.

Cadence, noticing his cousin's attention was on the female, said, "Harry, this is my older sister, Levina."

"Pleasure." Levina nodded with a smile.

"She's here to also help you with your transformation, as I still haven't earned my wings yet. Also, she's a healer in the fae arts, so if anything does go wrong she can stop it," Cadence supplied.

Harry grimaced as another wave of pain rocked through his body. Levina hurriedly kneeled at his side, grasping his shaking hands in hers; her hands glowed a pale butternut yellow. Harry gasped at the sensation that tingled down his body as her hands met his; it was unlike anything he'd ever experienced before.

Levina laughed at his reaction, "Fae are hyper sensitive to senses, especially touch, and since you're just a changeling your powers will be easily susceptive to any touch as well as your emotions. The-"

"Our family will help you gain control before we go to Moros so you don't have to worry about figuring it all out on your own," Cadence cut in earning himself a glare from an annoyed Levina.

"As I was saying," Levina snipped, "that burning you're feeling right now is your body temperature and magic changing to accustom itself to your fae heritage. The pain is because your wings are starting to grow in." Harry's eyes widened at this statement; although he'd gotten around to the knowledge that he was part fae, he hadn't thought that he would have wings.