Chapter 19

We huddle in a group, backs to each other. If Lancelot and dad could just push us out of the way I am sure they would but the monkeys are coming in from all directions. A monkey comes diving down at me and I freeze. I know I should react. Dive out of the way or something but I feel like I'm paralyzed. The monkey is just about to reach me when a sword flings out in front of me with such force that the monkey is cut in half and passes on both sides of me. The sight I see of the insides of the monkey is something that I know I will have nightmares about.

I look with a shocked face at my dad as I see that he is the one that saved me. Lancelot must have given him a sword.

"Than.. Watch out!" I yell as I see another monkey flying toward him. In what could only be the move of an expert, he swings around holding the sword tight against his chest so he doesn't hit any of the rest of us and slashes out hitting where the heart would be on the monkey. The monkey's eyes widen and it vanishes in smoke. I can see the shock on my dad's face and can only imagine it mirror's my own. The shock doesn't stay on my dad's face for long however as he focuses his concentration on the battle. He cuts another monkey down and I turn away as the blood flies toward my face. I face down to the ground and realize that the monkey that was split in half is gone. Nothing on the ground shows that it was even there. Looking at myself I realize that even the blood from the monkey that had splattered on my clothes is gone and so is the blood that had just been flying toward me. What are these things.

The battle rages on around me as the monkeys try to get us while our two protectors fight in a circle around us.

It seems like the fight takes forever. Lancelot using expert rolls and slashes to take down the monkeys and my dad somehow placing his sword in the dirt and relying on his strength to grab one monkey and hurl it at the other monkeys. In the end, when dad grabs the last monkey and throws it onto the waiting sword held by Lancelot, the entire scene look as if there wasn't a fight at all. No evidence that we even got attacked. Almost like it didn't happen at all. If someone were to walk threw the trees they would notice that it was just a couple kids on the ground and two adults standing on either side of them. One with a sword out and one standing beside a sword stuck in the ground with his fists out. They'd think, what a bunch of weird people these people are.

Out in the distance I see something odd. I get up trying to get a better look at it. "Dad."

"Yes Charlie?" He replies sounding a bit tired.

"What's that thing in the sky." I ask pointing out the dot that seems to be growing bigger by the second. Almost like it's falling right out of the sky.

He looks to where I am point and we both stand watching it as it gets closer. Soon Goldie is up and looking at it as well as Lancelot.

"It's definitely getting bigger." Goldie notes the obvious.

"Yeah." I reply. The object is getting larger and larger by the second. It seems to be moving quite fast and by now I can see a bit of colour to it. It looks like a pale shade of blue with a bit of white in the shape of a rectangle. I just realize what it is when Goldie vocalizes it.

"I think that's a house."

And just like that I see that I'm about to be able to meet Dorothy.