Chapter 53

Chapter 53

Alice runs faster than I could have ever ran in my life. Even if I stopped eating chips and cookies. Despite her speed in running, the cards just start to roll. The card carrying the Three of Hearts takes him and rolls him inside itself.

Alice starts to slow down as I keep running. I don't want to leave her behind so I slow down, despite the kidnapping. Cardnapping?

"We'll find him guys. We will." I say, a little short on breath.

Goldilocks actually smiles. " We don't have to. He's being brought to the prison.

"How could you possibly know that?"

"Well for one they took him alive. He said that they normally kill him. They'll need somewhere to hold him. Also that's the way that the prison was. Almost straight on." Goldilocks states like it's common sense. I suppose that him being kept alive is common sense.

"How the hell do you know that the prison is that way?" Is she psychic......

She puts her hands on her hips, slants a bit and stares at me with the look only the female species could manage. " I grew up in the forest Jack. If I didn't know my way around I'd have been lost years ago."

"Uh...oh yeah. Of course. I was just kidding." I stutter up.

Her positioning doesn't change a bit. "Uh huh. Sure Jack. I believe you."

I don't think she does. However I feel that if I say that I would be in a bit of trouble so I keep my mouth shut about that.

My thoughts are interrupted by the loud giggling in the corner as Alice is covering her mouth, trying not to laugh at the whole scene.

"Anyways guys. Let's start going toward the prison. My powers seem to be all charged up.

"Oh about that. Why didn't you use your abilities to save the Three of Hearts?" Dorothy asks after she finally manages to stop giggling.

Oh. She's stumped me with that one. "I'm sorry." I say, looking slightly downwards to hide her eyes looking at me. "I am fairly new with these powers and forgot I had them."

"Forgot or didn't care?" Goldie buts in.

"Ok what's that supposed to mean?" What is she trying to say here? She couldn't possibly think that.

"Just five minutes ago, I had to persuade you to help him rescue the Queen of Hearts. Then he gets kidnapped and you just 'forgot' that you had powers." She continues the glare she had before. Now Alice joins in as well.

"This is ridiculous. I'm new to my powers and would not let it just get kidnapped if I remembered that I could do something about it!" I thought she knew me.

"Is that what happened when you murdered the Witch of the East back in Oz? Or when you wanted to burn the cards alive back the first time we were at the prison? How about the guards you hit with the fire in the torch. Was that an accident?" She looks at me, almost with sadness in her eyes. "Face it Jack. You aren't a good person." With that last line she turns away and heads into the trees, Alice on her tail.