six// loving someone

"you should be loving someone"
(a/n: hi is anyone reading this? just curious)

calum was stumbling back home in the darkness when he ran into someone.

"watch it- calum?" the figure said, calum quickly recognized it as luke. calum tried to walk around luke, but luke pulled him back in front of him.

"what are you doing out here so late?" he questioned. even though he was mad at the raven haired boy, luke was still concerned. he knew how calum was, and luke didn't know what to think of him being within walking distance of a tall bridge in the middle of the night.

"i could ask you the same thing," calum said, crossing his arms with a frown on his face.

"i was out with some friends, what about you?" luke said.

"midnight walk," calum grumbled before trying to walk around luke again.

"wait," he said, pulling calum back again, "why did you say those things to me the other day?"

"what things?" calum said, mocking confusion.

"about rose and i?" luke said. rose was luke's girlfriend of almost one year, and calum had never really been a big fan of her. calum was luke's best friend, and when they started dating, luke didn't spend as much time with calum. of course, calum, being the type of person he is, got jealous. normally, he would never say a rude word to luke, but calum needed luke to hate him, so when he died, no one would be sad. calum then realized that he wasn't going to die anymore, at least, not yet.

"i... i don't know. i'm sorry," calum said after his moment of thought. luke looked at him suspiciously. all the emotions of the night built up in calum's mind, and he suddenly felt tears in his eyes.

"i'm so sorry," calum said, beginning to shake and cry for the second time that night. luke watched him for a moment, confused. he then pulled the smaller boy into his arms, accepting his apology.

and calum was told that everything would be okay for the second time that night.
he sighed in relief. he had missed luke.