nine// blue

"i know you're seeing black and white, so i'll paint you a clear blue sky"

calum was on the bench where he was earlier that day, but this time the sky was dark and full of stars. it had been the second time he had ever snuck out of the house, and it seemed like he was already getting used to it. he liked the idea of disobeying his mother's rules for once.

"calum! i didn't think you'd show," michael, while approaching the bench snd calum.

"why wouldn't i come? it's not like i have anything else to do," calum said.

michael sat on the other side of the bench, creating space between him and calum. calum turned to face michael, putting his feet on the bench and wrapping his arms around his knees with his back leaning against the armrest. michael mirrored his actions, so their feet met in the middle. calum's black and white converse looked gross and messy when his toes were against michael's clean black combat boots. in fact, all of calum looked messy when compared to michael.
the blue haired boy wore all black for whatever reason. he wore a black shirt with a probably fake leather jacket along with a pair of ripped black skinny jeans and the before mentioned combat boots. calum, however, wore a loose fitting sweater that was practically falling off one shoulder along with ripped up jeans.

"so," calum started, awkwardly.

"do you want me to help you or not?" michael said.

"of course i do,"

"okay, where do you want me to start?" michael asked.

"tell me how we met," calum said.

michael quickly cleared his throat, then began talking.

"we met in second grade. you were upset because your blue crayon. i remember blue was your favorite favorite color, so you were pretty torn up about it," michael joked.

"well, for the record, my favorite color is still blue, so i had every right to be upset over the death of my favorite color," calum joked back. michael chuckled snd calum grinned.
calum has always liked the color blue, especially the darker tones of the beautiful shade, but since he met michael again, he was started to prefer the lighter shade of blue that was michael's vibrant hair.

"anyway, i let you borrow my crayon, and thus the friendship was born," michael contined.

"neither of us had many friends, so all that friendship was pretty new to us, but i'm glad that we met," michael said, looking at calum and smiling a little.
he continued to describe childhood moments between calum and him, and although calum's memory wasn't jogged, he still found himself giggling at all the stupid stuff they did together.

and under the moonlight, in the middle of the park at who knows when, calum hood started falling for michael clifford.