[19]

Taehyung

He woke up with the bed cold. Jimin wasn't there and it suddenly felt lonely. Scrambling out of bed, Taehyung went into the bathroom, running a steaming hot shower. He let the burning droplets massage his tensed body, running down his face, back, chest... it felt nice to let something surround him, it engulfed him with warmth.

Changing into jeans and a black sweater, Taehyung walked out into the kitchen, seeing Jimin stand there with slumped shoulders and pale face. He certainly wasn't getting better.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung approached with a gentle voice, firmly placing a hand on Jimin's shoulder to steady. He was gripping his mug of coffee so tightly that you could see the blood running out of his knuckles and turning them white.

"I'm feeling dizzy, but that's okay" Jimin spoke hoarsely, grabbing Taehyung's arm for support when he tried to move his feet.

"Tell me what's happening, Jimin." Taehyung strained his voice, laying Jimin's weight onto him, the sick boy looked at him hesitantly, gulping.

"I have low blood pressure"

Finally, Jimin told him. A rush of relief flowed through his body. It wasn't anything major, going to doctor for another prescription and check up wouldn't be hard.

"Why didn't you want to tell me that?" Taehyung chuckled awkwardly as Jimin steadied himself onto his feet again, taking a sip of his coffee.

"I didn't want to worry-"

However, before Jimin could finish his sentence, his mug of coffee went falling to the floor. Shattering into smithereens with brown liquid splashing everywhere.

Jimin soon joining the mess on the floor.

Taehyung's eyes widened in shock as he collapsed onto his knees to catch Jimin before his head met the ground. With rushed breathing, he shook the unconscious boy desperately, giving up when Taehyung realised that it was pointless.

"Jimin-" He gasped, his breath was stuck in his throat as he held the limp Jimin in his shaking arms. A glass shard dug into his leg and the liquid burned his skin but he ignored it, digging into his pocket for his phone.

"911, what is your emergency?"

Jimin

He woke up in a dimly lit room, it was white but there was hardly light to be found. Where was he? Lifting his head, a spike of white pain shot down his spine making Jimin wince and fall back. The sudden realisation hit him and the thought made his stomach twist. He was in hospital. Looking for the red button, Jimin pressed it desperately, a doctor appearing straight away with a clipboard and a relieved look.

"Good morning Jimin. I am glad to see you awake. Please rest yourself." The doctor smiled uneasily and instructed the boy firmly.

"Why am I here? What happened?" Jimin finally got a good look of the doctor, his stomach knotting even tighter at the recognition. Docter Yunjin, his private doctor.

Oh god.

"Well, your friend, Kim Taehyung. Called an emergency that you collapsed from low blood pressure, wasn't it?" Dr Yunjin had an unconvinced look on his face, as if he was disappointed. Low blood pressure...that was a lie, it was more than that.

"We know that-that isn't true. Is it Jimin?" Jimin dropped his head, feeling his eyes water. It wasn't true.

"No sir" He whispered. Dr Yunjin sighed, walking towards Jimin and looking straight at him. The room was quiet, there was a heavy presence resting on Jimin's shoulders as he anticipated the words. He felt like he had let down everyone he loved. Including Taehyung, who was probably waiting somewhere outside, worrying to death. That was Jimin's problem. He kept on ignoring until it went away. But this plagued him like nothing else.

"Jimin" Dr Yunjin's voice was wobbling, Jimin looked up to see the doctor gulping.

"Yes?" He didn't want to hear it. He didn't want to let the words echo through his head until the time came.

"You are on your final stage of Cancer."