[22]

Taehyung

He was back in Art class. It was his last semester and he couldn't wait for it to end...

His life seemed to have revolved itself around art and the classroom.

Mr. Nim still didn't like Taehyung. Because he never handed the late art work in.

"Okay class, this will be your last project for this semester. Those of you who are continuing this course, will see me next year, so those who aren't- won't. I'd like you to try your best on this piece"

Taehyung stared boredly at the screen as the short teacher spoke out the project.

"The world. What is your world? What inspires you? How about something that makes your heart skip a beat. Let your imagination run wild, I'd like you to base your project on someone or something close to your heart. Maybe your pet dog, or your best friend or maybe your family! The choice is yours"

The school bell rang and Taehyung thanked the gods. He slung his backpack over his shoulder lazily and stood up.

"Remember guys, it's for the end of this week"

As the class made way to exit, Mr Nim handed out canvases that were quite small but enough to fit something nice on it.

Carrying the bag back to his rotting dorm room, Taehyung placed the blank canvas on his easel and hesitantly pulled out a green bag from under his bed. The dorm rooms remained dull even after the fire, even after the reconstruction. Taehyung realises that bigger things don't tend to change much.

It was a bag that held acrylic paints and paint brushes. It was what Jimin gave him a couple of years back.

Jimin

It was the only thought that bought the ice back to surround Taehyung's heart like a shield.

This time Taehyung wasted no time on the project. He wanted to finish it tonight rather than let it drag out until Friday.

4 hours passed and Taehyung sat quietly on his bed staring at the painting he proudly finished.

There was paint everywhere on his carpet, his fingers, shirt and even face. But he was satisfied.

-

Taehyung was excited for once in a life time as he sat in his usual place in the art studio.

He watched contently as the students were called up to show their projects and most were pets, family and close friends. The concept was simple and there were even fanarts and manips shown.

Finally, Taehyung's name was called and it took him a few seconds to realise before a student sitting next to him nudged him.

He suddenly felt conscious about what he painted. It was cheesy and very cliché.

He propped the canvas on the easel in front of that class and Mr Nim finally looked happy with himself now that Taehyung actually finished a project.

The class went silent when Taehyung uncovered his art. There were a few gasps and whispers of

Wow or that's amazing

"He is my world" Taehyung smiled softly to himself,

Pointing to the painting of Jimin.

Simplicity was all he ever needed

Simplicity was all he ever needed. It's all he ever wanted.