[20]

Taehyung

He felt defeated. Was there even the tiniest bit of hope left to be found in the maze? Taehyung felt like if he spoke, the words would burn him. If he moved, all the bones would snap. If he looked at Jimin, he'd shoot himself.

"Why?" He whispered, he wanted to look at Jimin, but he was so afraid.

God damnit.

"I can't, don't do this to me" Jimin's brittle voice sliced through Taehyung. He was mad, he was angry, sad, confused, lost. He didn't know what to do.

Fuck. God damnit, no.

"Did Jin know? Did Hoseok, Namjoon and Yoongi know?" Taehyung looked at Jimin dead in the eye, apprehending the answer. Jimin casted his eyes down as if he was ashamed.

I don't want to listen

"Yes"

Please shut fuck up

"And you didn't tell me?!" Taehyung wanted to laugh, something inside him told him to laugh; laugh until everything was all over, laugh until there was nothing else left to do.

Stay with me, please

"They were with me when I found out, okay?" Jimin retorted strongly, coughing in doing so. Taehyung's breathing hitched, doing nothing but standing at the foot of his bed as Jimin suffered.

I don't want to know. I don't want to feel

Taehyung shouldn't be mad at Jimin. He should be by the boy's side, reassuring him and falling asleep whilst their hands were clasped together. Waking up the next day to a bright smile and hearty laugh. That was what should be happening... but Taehyung didn't know how to make it happen.

I don't want to watch you go...

"I'm sorry, I need to go" He finally needed some air, if he stayed any longer looking at Jimin's pale face and fragile state, he would collapse. Jimin's lips quivered, water forming in his eyes.

I don't want to leave you behind.

"Tae..."

I want to love you.

His broken heart was still and for a moment, Taehyung only felt numbness. And then an anger and sadness surged through him with so much power, he knew not what to do. His heart stopped beating, for it had only beat for Jimin. His mind went black, as did his heart.

I want to hold you.

His hands turned to fists, and his fingers dug into his palms until he felt them bleed. But this pain was nothing compared to how he felt when he left.

I want to kiss you.

As much as Taehyung tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from his throat in the form of a silent scream. The beads of water started falling down one after another, without a sign of stopping.

I want to hug you.

Taehyung hit the wall and tried to scream, but his voice was melted by the state of defeat.

I want you safe in my arms

The muffled sobs wracked against his chest. The world turned into a blur, and so did all the sounds. The taste. The smell. Everything was gone. The last painful emotion slammed against him before he lost the feeling of feeling.

I want you to hear my every thoughts,

Because little did he know, Taehyung would never hear Jimin's voice again.

I want to love you for a long, long time.

Little did he know,

I want to love you...

The poor boy died thinking the person he loved the most, hated him.

Forever.