Chapter 23

We entered a huge territory with vast forests and tall trees around.. I was having  cold feet, as we were approaching the council house for our meeting, every second is making me more nervous. Bryan was driving on the neat and clean roads, despite of him telling me several times that it wasn't necessary to worry, i was feeling uneasy. Bryan kept his hand on my thigh and squeezed lightly.

"You will be fine. Don't worry. We will reach in five minutes." he said assuring. I nodded and looked forward. I saw a big house..no actually...it was a castle much more bigger than even Bryan's house. It had a big lawn and a large territory surrounding it. I saw some wolfs at a small building on the right gathered together. We drove through the road and stopped in front of the door. I saw there were guards on it. I am feeling like i am visiting a President. I smiled inwardly as i was babbling inside anything to ease my nerves.

"Are you ready?" Bryan asked me. I nodded and he got out of the car and opened my passenger door. I stepped out taking his hand and we approached the door. The guards looked at me and some sort of amusement was visible in their eyes. They nodded at us and opened the door. A women in her mid forties approached us. She was elegantly dressed in a black skater dress but looked sharp and i could smell her. She was a wolf definitely.

"Bryan...so nice to meet you. We were expecting you and...ohh,.." she looked at me and her smile dissapeared. She looked at me from head to toe and then held Bryan's eyes. Even he wasn't moving his gaze. What the hell are they doing? I looked at them confused.

She cleared her throat and nodded to Bryan.

"Pleased to finally meet you Elena. " she shaked my hand.

"Same here Miss?"

"Diana.." she answered me and smiled.

"Miss. Diana .." i said and smiled.

"I must say you are beautiful and a lot like your mother." she said warmly. I looked at her amused.

"You knew her?" i asked hoping to get to know this side of my mother which i didn't know.

"Yes..In fact she was my cousin and a very good friend of mine."

"Is it? I didn't know. Mom and Dad never mentioned about their families." i said sadly.

"It's okay, now that you are here. You will know dear." she smiled and gave me hug. I never expected i have a family more than my mom and dad. It was really good to know.

"Okay..I am willing to know more." i said her smiling and holding back my tears.

"We must go to the meeting room, the council members are waiting for you." Diana spoke and lead us upstairs. Now i observed the surroundings. It was a huge living room where we were standing, it has grand staircase in the middle of the hall which led to the two storeys. I saw arround on the ceiling was a huge chandelier. There were seating arrangements in the hall. As I ascended the stairs and reached first floor, we saw there were several rooms on both the side with galleries facing the main hall. She took us across a path way behind the front rooms. I saw there were number of rooms in the back too, facing the ground and frontyards of the house. We stopped in front of a big door. Bryan took my hand and gave it a squeeze, assuring me that he is there with me. I took a deep breathe and Diana opened the door for us.

We entered the room and i saw it was a big room with five big chairs in front where three people male wolves were seating in authority, The main seat in between was empty though. I looked at the three people who i noticed gasped when they saw me. I felt Bryan's hold tightened around me as he was now holding me close to him. I looked at him confused.

"Welcome to the Palazio de Lupo." The man seating next to the big chair greeted us.

"Good Morning Marcus, Gallos and Tinan." Bryan nodded acknowledging them.