5

Capris
~~~~~

There I was, with a shirt twice my size in width, and some very loosely fitted pants.

Doing joint jacks because the coach did not screw around when she wanted to test my endurance.

Wallace was In front of me, doing the same.

"33."
"34."
"35."
He kept counting as we kept doing these warm up exercises.

His focus was superb. Meanwhile I kept looking him up and down. His slim athletic built was dazzling.

" you, need a break?" He said as he kept it up.
"No-not-needed." I answered him as I continued the jumping jacks.

"47."
"48."
"49."
"And 50."

At 50 we stopped. He barely broke a sweat, meanwhile I was breathing hard through my nose.

Iris "humph" in the distance as she scribbled down something on her pad.

"Mr.Black 50 sit ups on the spot, Cyclone to me now!" Wallace jogged towards her, as I started doing sit ups.

Definitely feeling the burn on my calves as I did them.

He is nicknamed 'cyclone' that's interesting, don't know what advantage I can get out of it, but this piece of trivia is always intrepid to access.

He started to get in line with other member of the track team.

The football team was running drills. Coach Iris had started towards a sort of podium the likes you see lifeguards get on, to scope out the whole area.

She took out a bullhorn just as I was starting to slow down.

"MR.BLACK DONT SLOW DOWN UNTIL YOUVE HIT 50, YOUR STILL ON 37!" She bellowed from
Her post.

I was sweating heavily now, but I wasn't going to feel shame because of her. So I kept at it, "TRACK TEAM, GENTLEMEN, LADIES, WE ARE DOING ENDURANCE, LETS SEE WHO KEPT IT UP FURING VACATIONS, DEATH LAPS! WE ARE HITTING 10 LAPS." The collective wince from everyone was deafening.

I halted my sit up by falling on my ass.

"CYCLONE, SLOW START, BEGING IN 5 BREATHS THEN TAKE OFF, RUSH AND LIGHTING, BULLET FLIGHT! THE REST KEEP UP THE PACE OR GET LOST!" She barked through her bullhorn.

Wallace stood up, his sight forward, I had no idea who rush and lighting where, but the rest of the track team was on their starting position.

Iris, shot the starting bullet, and they took off.

Wallace, took a deep breath, holding it for a second each time.

After the Fifth he took the starting position.

All the others where almost at the middle of the track.

"GO!" Yelled Iris from her bullhorn, and he took of, his legs where a piece of art, he took each and every stride with an unspoken passion, he was smiling.