Day One: First /Fight/

First /Fight/

"You stupid jerk!" Lisanna yelled. "You dumb brat!" her boyfriend, Bixlow, shouted. Their glares shot daggers as the couple seethed with rage.

"You don't always get your way, Bixlow! You don't rule the fucking universe!"

"Yeah, well, news flash, sweetheart! The world doesn't revolve around you! You think everybody loves you, but you're just a spoiled little girl!"

Lisanna's clenched fists tightened. "Spoiled? Spoiled?! How am I spoiled! My parents died when I was just a child! I was homeless for years, with nobody but my siblings to support me! When I finally found a home, I was forced to leave everything I loved and go to another damn universe! Is that spoiled to you?! You're the spoiled one!"

Bixlow's eyes burned. "You have no idea what I've been through, Lisanna." he spat her name like it was poison on his tongue. Lisanna could hardly believe he once said it so lovingly.

"Well maybe the only reason you've ever had any negativity in your life is because you make such bad choices!"

"The only bad choice I ever made was being with you!" Bixlow felt a sharp, painful sting on his cheek. It burned, bright red. Lisanna had slapped him.

The white-haired mage had turned away and began walking towards her apartment building. "You're such an asshole," she said with a tight throat.

Bixlow turned the opposite direction and returned, "You're such a bitch."

Lisanna speed-walked towards the brick apartment building, tears gathering in her sky coloured eyes.

She raced up the flights of stairs and was running down the hallways to her apartment when a strong grip caught her upper arm. She turned to see Lucy Heartfilia, her neighbor and one of her best friends. Lucy lived with Natsu, and the couple had seen and heard it all from their window.

Lisanna let Lucy lead her into the blond's house, and when the door was closed, she broke down. She leaned against Lucy, sobbing her heart out and shaking violently. She felt Lucy rubbing her back, whispering reassuring words to her.

Suddenly, the sound of Natsu screaming was audible. "IM GOING TO FUCKING KILL THAT BASTARD!" The dragon slayer stormed crazily towards the door.

"W- What?" Lisanna managed to ask. "He's going after Bixlow." said Lucy quietly.

"No!" gasped Lisanna, lunging towards Natsu and grabbing his wrist. "No, Natsu, please don't." The steady flow of tears streamed down her face and she choked on her words.

Natsu hissed, "Why not, Lisanna? That asshole deserves it!"

Lisanna's grip loosened and she wiped her eyes furiously, though the tears kept coming. "It's not just his fault, I said horrible things too. I just... I don't want him to get hurt!" she sobbed. "I love him!"

Natsu and Lucy alike were shocked. "You-- You love him?!"

Lisanna fell back on Lucy as a fresh wave of sobs racked her body. "I love him more than anything else, and I said all of those horrible things! He probably hates me, but I can't live without him!"

Lucy and Natsu exchanged a look.

Two Hours Later

Lisanna sat in the couch in the apartment of Natsu and Lucy, her eyes shut. Lucy was in the kitchen making lunch, while Natsu was watching her and occasionally have his friend a concerned glance.

Then, all of the sudden, the door was flung open and a panting Freed stood at the entryway.

"Freed?" wondered Lucy, turning to the mage. "What's wrong?"

"He's in the hospital," Freed seemed to be talking directly to Lisanna. The blue-eyed mage frowned. "Who?"

"Bixlow."

Lisanna was hit with a wave of shock. Then, she shot up in a flash and grabbed her sweater, storming out of the door at too-speed.

Lucy, Natsu, and Freed hurried after her, worried.

The mage kicked open the hospital door with such force that it echoed throughout the entire guild.

She could see him-- Bixlow, sitting on the edge of a hospital bed while Wendy and a nurse healed and bandaged his many wounds. When the door flew open, his head whipped towards it in surprise.

His eyes widened when he saw Lisanna. "Lisa, I--" She cut him off, grabbing his head and kissing him furiously. Then she pulled away and hugged him tightly, squeezing her eyes shut.

"You're such an idiot."

"I'm sorry, Lis."

"Me, too."

"I love you."

Lisanna smiled lightly.

"I love you, too."