I'm Not Worth It

Dusk POV

" Look Dusk I've never been worth it. You'd be happier with Star anyway." Dawn says turning to walk away but I grab her arm and pull her into me before she can.

"Dawn look at me." I say pulling her up by her chin lightly. Her beautiful hazel green and brown eyes were now a stormy gray.

"Star is so much better for you than I am. She's prettier, funnier, smarter, more fun. She's gorgeous an----" Before Dawn could finish I cut her off with a kiss.

"Listen to me Dawn, don't look away." I say pulling her face up so she's looking me in the eyes. "She's not better at all. You're an angel, no one can compare to that. Even if she tries she will never get me."

" Leave if you want too. I'm not worth fighting for,I never have been." She spats at me.

Dawn POV

He's just gonna leave whats the point of these promises that never last, a life of drowning in my fear of the past.

"Leave if you want too, I'm not worth it I never have been." I tell Dusk trying to be mad but I really just wanna cry.

"I'm not ever leaving baby girl." Dusk tells me and I lose it I turn to him and break down crying in his chest. I can hear his heart beat it's saying my name.

"Dawn?" Dusk asks me.

"Yes love ?" I reply to him.

"You're heart beats my name. I know my heart beats yours. What does this mean ?" Dusk asks as if I'm supposed to know.

"I don't know. We should ask the council, maybe they'll know." I replied starting to wonder what was really going on.

"The council might kill us for asking. An angel and vampire having there hearts speak each other's name, you do know that it is forbidden for dark and light to ever bond the way we have." Dusk says to me because I know he's studied some of this stuff.

"The council doesn't know what's right anymore. Why do you think the human world is so torn now? With global warming, decrease in jobs, they've lost their lives to the government,we can't let the same happen to us." I tell him as I pull him close then lightly kiss his cheek.

"What are we gonna do about star? She'll do anything to bring my life down." I question.

"I've got this handled don't worry. " Dusk tells me before he stalks off into the night.