The Rescue

Dawn POV

I'd been in here for what feels like a week maybe longer.  I'd waited and waited for someone to come but my light was fading fast. When an angels light goes out that angel dies. Everyday I'd see Dusk but he'd always tell me the same thing at the end. "You may be an angel but you sure are one hell of a bitch." At least I got to see him as much as it broke my heart to know he'd loved someone else. I spend every minute just waiting for Dusk to rescue me but I know he won't and it destroys me.

Dusk POV

They'd shown me Dawn in the panic room, the things she thought I said to her. I can't let them win. I had to devise a plan so that I could rescue Dawn. At first I wanted to do the typical I'm sick act but I'm a vampire I don't get sick. There has to be something I can do. My angel has been crying her eyes out everyday and her entire body shakes she can't have the food they give her because it has milk.
"Help !!!!" I scream realizing this is my plan in action. I can break these chains and  get out to where my glorious angel is terrified in her cell.

I shadowed as fast as I could, once I appeared in front of her cell she told me the one thing you'd never want your true love to say. 

"You never really loved me did you Dusk? I've always been just a toy you could break. I never want to see you again."

As she told me that I knew I had to get her out of here and explain everything.

"Please just come with me and I'll explain everything but you have to trust me." I reached my hand out to her she took it shakily, but I could see that she wanted to break down and lose it.

Dawn POV

Dusk showed up in front of my cell without anyone this time. I was so hurt I asked.

"You never really loved me did you Dusk? I've always just been a toy you could break,  I never want to see you again."

I knew he could tell I was lying but I was hurt and broken. Than he said. "Please just come with me and I'll explain everything." He reached his hand out and I took it.

I couldn't understand why I still trusted him but I knew I wanted him to save me. I need him in my life. I may be an angel and he a vampire but an eternity without him would break my heart. He shadowed us out of the building but our homes were a few miles from our houses. Dusk picked me up bridal style and before I knew it I was sound asleep in his arms.

When I awoke in Dusk's arms I realized we're in this together. Angel, vampire, unicorn, or dragon we're a team.